Excel Question help please, not sure how to describe it.

johnson

Can anyone explain how this is done in Excel please, I dont have a pic but, say you had a number of rows and in each of the end cells, you want to add multiple comments seperate from each other, (not insert comment) so when you look at the spread sheet, the end cells have muliple boxes in them with a cross in the box, you click on the box cross and it opens the comment as a stand alone, you click on the next crossed box and the same happens.

I dont know what to put into the search function, I spent a couple of hours trawling through google and couldnt find an answer, I should have come to the experts to begin with :)

Thanks in advance

Some videos you may like

Excel Facts

Pivot Table Drill Down
Double-click any number in a pivot table to create a new report showing all detail rows that make up that number

BrianJN1

Are you looking for an editable "dropdown" textbox?
If so there is nothing in Excel's tools that are of that kind of which I am aware.

That said, in the INSERT tab, within the area labelled "text" is a page icon; it shows as "Object" when you place the mouse over it.
Selecting that shows a range of documents which you can import an embed. I sense that is NOT what you want.

Jaafar Tribak

Office Version
Platform
Windows
You could add some buttons (resize them to fit the cells and edit their respective captions to show a + symbol) and attach to them a macro.. The macro will have code that shows a comment depending on the button that was clicked)

johnson

Think Ive got it sorted, thanks very much for the help chaps, its the grouping function in excel :D

Thanks agin for looking in and taking the time to post

Watch MrExcel Video

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Calvince

This Week's Hot Topics

• Finding issue in If elseif else with For each Loop
    Finding issue in If elseif else with For each Loop I have tried this below code but i'm getting in Y column filled with W005. Colud you please...
  • MsgBox Error
    Hi Guys, I have the below error show up when i try and run my macro in File1 but works fine if i copy and paste the same code into file2. [ATTACH...
  • CELL FORMAT - IF CONDITION
    My Cell Format is [B]""0.00" Cr". [/B]But in the cell, it is showing 123.00 for editing. (123 is entry figure). (Data imported from other...
  • Show numbers nearly the same
    Is this possible. I have a number that can change very time eg 0.00001234 Then I have a lot of numbers 0.0000001, 0.0000002, 0.00000004...
  • Please i need your help to create formula
    I need a formula in cell B8 to do this >>if b1=1 then multiply ( cell b8) by 10% ,if b1=2 multiply by 20%,if=3 multiply by 30%. Thank you in...
  • Got error while adding column and filter
    Got error while adding column and filter In column Z has some like "Success" and "Error". I want to add column in AA if the Z cell value is...