Excel re-calculation for almost entire sheet when changing content of empty cell

björn_sweden

Hi peepz,

I am really in need of desperate help, I have been trying to find the answer for my question the last 4 hours and haven't got any closer to a solution.
The problem has to do with an unexpected change to a small in size "less than 3 mb" but very complex workbook which normally calculates fast when doing small changes.

Since today when I just write "a" and press enter in an empty cell the workbook starts to re-calculate itself which takes about 10 seconds. I don't understand why this is happening and how to change it. I checked previous version of the workbook which work fine, however there has been approx 24 hours develop in the new version which kind of means that I need to fix it since doing things over again isn't an option.

Even when I open a new empty workbook and make a small change it takes 10 seconds to re-calculate, and this new workbook is not linked to my other workbook.

Please help.

Excel Facts

Easy bullets in Excel
If you have a numeric keypad, press Alt+7 on numeric keypad to type a bullet in Excel.
You could also just change your calculation to Manual. If you have Excel 2010, under File, Options, Formulas, click the "manual" radial button. You can then manipulate your spreadsheet as much as you want. When you are finished manipulating it, hit F9 to calculate. If you don't like this, you can always follow the same steps as outlined changing the radial button to "automatic".

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m_smith_solihull

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back