Excel Resources

AJThomas01

Please help ...
I get the following error message "Excel ran out of resources while attempting to calculate one or more formulas. As a result these formulas will not be evaluated".
What can I do to correct this and why does it happen, it also seems to be taking longer than usual,i.e. NOT RESPONDING....:(

Last edited:

Excel Facts

Select all contiguous cells
Pressing Ctrl+* (asterisk) will select the "current region" - all contiguous cells in all directions.
How big are your sheets? Number of formulas? Table sizes? Can you give examples of your most complex formulas, and say how many of that type there are? Or do you have lots of graphic objects embedded? What version of Excel?

Upvote 0
Hi Glenn,

Doc is about 4MB, I have a number of formulas, the most complex being ...
"=SUM(IF(FREQUENCY(IF('A3 Tactical Report_Final_Eloff.xlsx'!Type="BREA",IF(LEFT('A3 Tactical Report_Final_Eloff.xlsx'!Functional_Location,23)="P-ABER-GBU-020-PRD-010",IF(Equipment<>"",IF(Year=2010,IF(Month=1,MATCH("~"&Equipment&"",Equipment&"",0)))))),ROW(Equipment)+1),1))"

This runs in a number of cells for different months (Jan-Dec) and values get updated on graphs ....

Upvote 0
I don't think that you're going to get a simple answer then. You may want to invest in FastExcel to profile your workbook and analyse your calculations to see where the problem is. Or else destructively remove parts of ( a copy of ) your book until the message disappears, to find out which area is causing it.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Parik11

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back