Excel Solver

Spencer96

The question goes like this:

Last year, the Tan household spent $11,000 on food, $5,900 on transportation, and $7,200 on other expenses. The cost increases per year by official estimates for food is 4.5%, transportation is 6.2%, and others are 8%. The family's total income in the previous year was $24,000. This is expected to grow per year by only 3.2%. Their bank balance of last year was $2,000.

a) Construct a spreadsheet model to evaluate for this year and two more years ahead.
b) What proportion of income was and will be spent on the various expenses? What do the current and projected savings and bank balances look like?

c)What should their minimum income growth rates to ensure the family's i) bank balances stay above 0, ii) incomes keep up with expenses, and iii)bank balances stay above $2000?
d) What if they tighten their belt and control cost growth for food to 4%, transportation to 5%, and others to 6%? What again would the minimum income growth rate need to be??

I've completed part a) and b), but I can't seem to figure out the last two parts using solver...
HELP NEEDED!!!! :confused:

Excel Facts

Excel Joke
Why can't spreadsheets drive cars? They crash too often!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JayEggleton

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back