Excel Timeline/Scheduler Question

Stinger82

My work uses sharepoint to create schedules, but the sharepoint interface is sometimes buggy and requires an internet connection to do work. We've created an excel spreadsheet that is editable offline, and that uses a formatted worksheet for the user to enter data. This then reorganize cells to make it conducive to copying and pasting into sharepoint directly. Our user entry worksheet has a timeline area at the top, and then several rows of information that are data entry for each event that is displayed on the timeline, one event per row. Each event has an event number that is listed in the data entry section, and a series of takeoff and land times. What I'd like to do is have the user enter the event number in the timeline area, and then have it find the event data and use conditional formatting to fill in cells based on whether or not the times are between takeoffs and landings. We have a timeline header area with times listed that can be used for comparison. The user won't want to display every event, so he needs to be able to pick which event to display. The table is essentially formatted like below, with an event # listed on the left below the timeline area, and several rows of takeoff/landing times to the right of it. I know vlookup won't work, but I can't figure out what to do.

#XXXX
#XXXXXXXX
eventname1st09000945
number#2nd10451130
3rd
4th
eventname1st10001100
number#2nd
3rd
4th

<tbody>
</tbody>

Excel Facts

When did Power Query debut in Excel?
Although it was an add-in in Excel 2010 & Excel 2013, Power Query became a part of Excel in 2016, in Data, Get & Transform Data.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aircuart

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back