Excel WMP control

Santaflare

Hi,

-I've inserted a Windows Media Player Control in a xlsm-spreadsheet, to which I've linked a looping video presentation.
Since the file is supposed to function as an introduction to my field of work, I've written code to switch seamlessly between sheets so that the user can jump to different subjects by pressing a button.

To make a smooth transition between the sheets, I've coded a "reverse-fading" rectangle shape to gradually appear (which has the same color as the sheet background). This enables me to make the switch between the sheets and the re-fade a similar shape on the following sheet.

Now to my problem:
For some reason it's impossible to change the sort order of the WMP Control once a linked video has been added in the option field. Even if the link is cleared I still can't hide the control behind the filled rectangle, such as I can with all other content on the sheet. This is only the case once a link has been added to the control - before this, it is possible to hide it behind other inserted objects.

Does anyone has in idea how to solve this annoying problem?
(So far I've gotten around it by coding a change in the control's visibility, but this isn't nearly as neat as I would like, since the transition from visible to hidden is instantaneous instead of more gradually.)

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Excel Facts

Repeat Last Command
Pressing F4 adds dollar signs when editing a formula. When not editing, F4 repeats last command.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amyap

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back