Extract data from one table to another

scruffy

Hi Folks. I am trying to extract data from a table arranged as show immediately below, and have it show up in the second table, which is organized differently. The team is the Y axis and the X axis is the month

team March April May
red ohio
white texas
purple maine oklahoma
green ohio idaho oklahoma

I would like the data to show up as below with now the state on the X axis and the actual color in the body of the table. Is there a formula that can populate the colors into the new table layout below that pulls from the table above? For example, I'd like to find those teams going to ohio, in the top table, and have them listed table below as indicated. would like to do so as a formula if possible.

ohio texas oklahoma maine idaho
Color 1 red white pruple purple green
Color 2 green green

Thank you very much.

Excel Facts

Copy a format multiple times
Select a formatted range. Double-click the Format Painter (left side of Home tab). You can paste formatting multiple times. Esc to stop
You can attach Images or, better, XL2BB minishets to make the request clearer
Also, which is your Office version?

Upvote 0
I am following up on my previous thread that I messed up (twice now) and have included a image to help in the process. If I get flagged again, I won't repost. I don't want to waste peoples time.

I am trying to create a formula bottom table in the shaded area that organizes the data as I've inputted manually, that links to the data from the top table. The x/y axis are different and the data is organized slightly differently. My preference would be to do this as a formula if possible.

Screenshotxls.png

Upvote 0
Anthony said:
Also, which is your Office version?
I will assume you work with Office 365

In this case, with reference to the XL2BB minisheet shown below, I created the output table using in H5 the formula
Excel Formula:
=LET(GreyArea,$B$4:$E$7,Teams,$A$4:$A$7,Tarr,TEXTSPLIT(TEXTJOIN("/",TRUE,REPT(INDEX(Teams,SEQUENCE(ROWS(Teams)))&"/",COLUMNS(GreyArea))),,"/",TRUE),Area,TEXTSPLIT(TEXTJOIN("/",FALSE,GreyArea),,"/"),FILTER(Tarr,Area=H3))
Copy then to the right for as many headers you have in Row 3

byWnG_C30316_Elenco capitoli numerato.xlsm
ABCDEFGHIJKLM
2MayJuneJulyAug
3TeamAlaskaOhioHawaiiNevadaIndianaMaine
4SharksAlaskaNevadaIndiana# of teams
5TigersOhioNevada1SharksTigersPandasSharksSharksBears
6BearsAlaskaNevadaMaine2BearsTigersPandas
7PandasHawaiiNevadaMaine3Bears
84Pandas
Foglio2
Cell Formulas
RangeFormula
H5:H6,M5:M6,K5:K8,I5:J5,L5H5=LET(GreyArea,$B$4:$E$7,Teams,$A$4:$A$7,Tarr,TEXTSPLIT(TEXTJOIN("/",TRUE,REPT(INDEX(Teams,SEQUENCE(ROWS(Teams)))&"/",COLUMNS(GreyArea))),,"/",TRUE),Area,TEXTSPLIT(TEXTJOIN("/",FALSE,GreyArea),,"/"),FILTER(Tarr,Area=H3))
Dynamic array formulas.

Upvote 0
Solution
This is spectacular Anthony. Thank you very much. I appreciate your time investigating this for me.
-G

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wcbyers

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back