Extracting email addresses from certain cells and placing them all together in one cell.

dpaton05

Office Version
  1. 365
  2. 2016
Platform
  1. Windows
I have information that I am going to copy into a spreadsheet from a webpage. It is a list of email addresses that I want to send emails to. I need it in the format of "xxx@xxx.com, xxx@xxx.com, xxx@xxx.com" for however many addresses are on the list. The addresses are all in column B. There is the person's name in B1, their address in B2 and some other data in B3. This process is then repeated for each email address with the name of the second person being in B4, their address in B5 and the additional data in B6 and so on for the entire list. I need to extract the emails just into a single cell in the format explained above. Could someone help me please?

Excel Facts

Copy PDF to Excel
Select data in PDF. Paste to Microsoft Word. Copy from Word and paste to Excel.
=INDEX(TEXTSPLIT($B$2,","),1)

This wIll extract the first email address from the delimited list where the list is in cell B2.

Instead of the number 1 use the row number.

An image of your data would help.

Upvote 0
This is what my spreadsheet will look like. There are only 3 entries in here as it is just a sample but it will be in this format.

Book1
ABCDEF
1Fred BrownMainSeptember 3, 2022 3:34 pm
2fredbrown@gmail.com
3Edit | Delete
4John MertMainAugust 28, 2022 8:23 pm
5johnmert@gmail.com
6Edit | Delete
7Max HugoMainAugust 15, 2022 3:04 pm
8maxhugo@gmail.com
9Edit | Delete
Sheet1

The real spreadsheet has more people on it but for security reasons, I could not upload the actual names and emails so I have just made up those names and emails. For this data, I would want the result, in say, F1 to be "fredbrown@gmail.com, johnmert@gmail.com, maxhugo@gmail.com" for each email address in column B.

I think I explained that enough. If I didn't, let me know what other information you need.

Thanks

Upvote 0
This returns a delimited string containing the email addresses where B1:B13 is the range containing the data..

It assumes that the '@' character only exists in values that are emails.

=TEXTJOIN(",",TRUE,FILTER(B1:B13,ISNUMBER(SEARCH("@",B1:B13)),"No results"))

Upvote 0
Thanks for that. I don't know how long the list will be so there could be any number of addresses in that format in column B, not just until row 13. It needs to search the column until a blank cell is found.

Upvote 0
Just change the 13 to the last row of data.

If there are 1000 rows then this will work:

=TEXTJOIN(",",TRUE,FILTER(B1:B1000,ISNUMBER(SEARCH("@",B1:B1000)),"No results"))

Upvote 0
Isn't there a way to find the last row in the column each time the procedure is run as it may be constantly changing? I don't want to have to keep updating it when the number of records changes.

Upvote 0
=TEXTJOIN(",",TRUE,FILTER(B:B,ISNUMBER(SEARCH("@",B:B)),"No results"))

Upvote 0
That almost got it thanks. It finished with xxx@ but missed the xxx.com. There was also another address after it that was missed. The last address that was copied was the second last address.

Upvote 0
I also want to be able to select and copy the addresses as at the moment, they are visible but in the cell, there is only the formula that you provided.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ExcelMA

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back