Filtering cells with comments

LeighC

Hi there! Hope someone can help me with my problem. I have a large spreadsheet with over 3,000 rows of data and I have marked each with a specific action required in column D. However, I also attached some comments to the cells in the actions column and I would now like to filter out these cells so I can follow them up. I have tried Autofilter and Advanced Filter and read through most of the Help guide but can't find anything to help me do this. Can you filter to show only those cells in a column with a comment attached? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

hello again! Greatly appreciate the code...when it's run, it returns "type mismatch line 13" which is the column designated.

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

What do {} around a formula in the formula bar mean?
{Formula} means the formula was entered using Ctrl+Shift+Enter signifying an old-style array formula.
hello again! Greatly appreciate the code...when it's run, it returns "type mismatch line 13" which is the column designated.
Who is this comment meant for? It doesn't appear to be mine as my code has less than 13 lines in it.

Upvote 0
hello Rick...sorry for the confusion! I run the code but it's not picking up the manually highlighted in yellow cells. Again, I greatly appreciate your time messing with this.

Upvote 0
hello Rick...sorry for the confusion! I run the code but it's not picking up the manually highlighted in yellow cells. Again, I greatly appreciate your time messing with this.

Are your yellow cells in Column A?

What color is your yellow? To find out, select a yellow cell, run the following line of code in the Immediate Window and post the number that is printed out...

? ActiveCell.Interior.Color

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SCleaveland

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back