Find a data point on XY scatter

anonymoose

Me again - the problem with all the very useful help that everyone gives me here is that I'm back again with more ideas from the users who are loving the work!

So, thinking caps on . . .

I now have a XY scatter graph with 109 individual points (representing schools) and a macro that tells you the plot details when you hover over. It's ok if you want to know which school is down the bottom but if you don't know where the desired school is in the first place, it's a lot of trial and error before you find it.

What could I look to add that gives the user the option to have a single data point highlighted (on selection?) so they don't have to manually look for it?

Cheers

Ctrl+click the dropdown. Go to the Name box to the left of the Formula Bar, change the name to DropDown3 and press Enter.

Or just change the reference in my code so that it refers to your dropdown's name.

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Format cells as date
Select range and press Ctrl+Shift+3 to format cells as date. (Shift 3 is the # sign which sort of looks like a small calendar).
Ah that's done it - I didn't realise the the name of the dropdown box was different to the one in the macro code - I've changed the macro to "Drop Down 3" and it works a treat.

Many thanks for your patience

Until next time ;)

Upvote 0
Andrew,

As discussed earlier, I am getting the same error as Anonymoose when they received the Unable to get the DropDowns property of the Chart class message.

I used Anonymoose's data as well, made sure my drop down was called Drop Down 3 like in your code. I have the Drop Down box physically located on the chart, is this ok or is this part of my issue?

Could it also be that your macro is built to work in conjunction with a macro already included in their spreadsheet that I would not have in mine?

Thanks in Advance,

Upvote 0
The name of the dropdown should be "DropDown3" not "Drop Down 3". Change the name or the code as necessary.

Upvote 0
It would not let me change the drop down box so I cut it to a regular sheet and then it let me change it. Works great!

1) Is there a way to specify the ThreeD formatting for the marker? The format I would like to keep is the msoBevelAngle, but when I run the macro is changes the bevel. Ideally I can setup the chart and then specify the ThreeD as Automatic.

2) I tried myself to no avail to get either a button or a way to reset the chart to normal so there is nothing highlighted. This is good when we print so all data points are the same.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hokjock

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back