Find Insert Multiple Occurences

excel5*user

I need help with an Excel Macro. I need to find each occurence of 24 different TEXTs and next to each insert cells to add additional information. The number of occurences of each text varies and may appear in the range of K2:IV2000, so there may be for example 14 occurences of TEXT1 and then 35 occurences of TEXT2, and so on.

I need to find TEXT1 (ie. A1234) and insert a cell next to it, add text1a ( ie.B1234), and do this for all occurences of TEXT1. Then I need it to find TEXT2, insert a cell next to it and add text2a, and repeat for all occurences of TEXT2. etc for all 24 different TEXT. The find and insert part of the macro works, but I cannot get it to repeat correctly. I can only get it to find one occurence of each and when trying looping, the loop just finds the next TEXT whether it is TEXT1, TEXT2, TEXT3, etc. and performs the insert leaving several instances of each of the TEXTs skipped/not processed.

Thanks

Excel Facts

Last used cell?
Press Ctrl+End to move to what Excel thinks is the last used cell.
You can try the following macro

Code:
Sub findandreplacetext()
replacetxt = Array("TEXT1a", "TEXT2a", "TEXT3a", "TEXT4a", "TEXT5a", "TEXT6a", "TEXT7a", "TEXT8a", "TEXT9a", "TEXT10a", _
                    "TEXT11a", "TEXT12a", "TEXT13a", "TEXT14a", "TEXT15a", "TEXT16a", "TEXT17a", "TEXT18a", "TEXT19a", "TEXT20a", _
                    "TEXT21a", "TEXT22a", "TEXT23a", "TEXT24a")
findtext = Array("TEXT1", "TEXT2", "TEXT3", "TEXT4", "TEXT5", "TEXT6", "TEXT7", "TEXT8", "TEXT9", "TEXT10", _
                    "TEXT11", "TEXT12", "TEXT13", "TEXT14", "TEXT15", "TEXT16", "TEXT17", "TEXT18", "TEXT19", "TEXT20", _
                    "TEXT21", "TEXT22", "TEXT23", "TEXT24")
For i = 0 To 23
    For colcu = 11 To 256
        For rowcu = 2 To 2000
            If Cells(rowcu, colcu) = findtext(i) Then
                Cells(rowcu, colcu + 1).Insert (xlShiftToRight)
                Cells(rowcu, colcu + 1).Value = replacetxt(i)
            End If
        Next
    Next
Next
End Sub

Upvote 0
Wouldn't it be easier to build the arrays in a sheet, rather than in Array statements?

Upvote 0
If array values are there in excel, say in column A2 to A25 has TEXTs available in data & B2 to B25 are TEXT to be inserted, then can use the following code
Code:
For i = 0 to 23
findtext(i) = cells(i+2,1).value
replacetxt(i) = cells(i+2,2).value
Next

instead of
Code:
replacetxt = Array("TEXT1a", "TEXT2a", "TEXT3a", "TEXT4a", "TEXT5a", "TEXT6a", "TEXT7a", "TEXT8a", "TEXT9a", "TEXT10a", _
                    "TEXT11a", "TEXT12a", "TEXT13a", "TEXT14a", "TEXT15a", "TEXT16a", "TEXT17a", "TEXT18a", "TEXT19a", "TEXT20a", _
                    "TEXT21a", "TEXT22a", "TEXT23a", "TEXT24a")
findtext = Array("TEXT1", "TEXT2", "TEXT3", "TEXT4", "TEXT5", "TEXT6", "TEXT7", "TEXT8", "TEXT9", "TEXT10", _
                    "TEXT11", "TEXT12", "TEXT13", "TEXT14", "TEXT15", "TEXT16", "TEXT17", "TEXT18", "TEXT19", "TEXT20", _
                    "TEXT21", "TEXT22", "TEXT23", "TEXT24")

Upvote 0
The array works, THANKS! Another question though. In some cases I need to insert just one cell of text#a next to TEXT#, and sometimes there may be as many as five additional texts that need to be added.

For example, TEXT1 needs text1a added next to it, but TEXT2 needs text2a, text2b, text2c, and then TEXT3 needs text3a and text3b. etc How would I incorporate that.

Thanks

Upvote 0
Nevermind, I just answered my own question, I just need to add additional copies of the macro for multiple text.

Thanks again!

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dbomb1414

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back