find position of the cell with certain contents

Hans810

Board Regular
Good evening everybody,

With a for...next loop I check the cells in the range A1...AU3000 for the error content #Value!.
If the error content has been located, I want to have the feedback of the cell (eg. Z56) which was containing the error message.
Any help is very appreciated.
With regards from Veenendaal, The Netherlands.

Chris Macro

Does this work for you?

<font face=Calibri><SPAN style="color:#00007F">Sub</SPAN> test()<br><SPAN style="color:#00007F">Dim</SPAN> cell <SPAN style="color:#00007F">As</SPAN> Range<br><br><SPAN style="color:#00007F">For</SPAN> <SPAN style="color:#00007F">Each</SPAN> cell <SPAN style="color:#00007F">In</SPAN> Range("A1:AU3000")<br>  <SPAN style="color:#00007F">If</SPAN> cell.Value = "#Value!" <SPAN style="color:#00007F">Then</SPAN><br>    Debug.Print cell.Address <SPAN style="color:#007F00">'ctrl + g to see outputs</SPAN><br>  <SPAN style="color:#00007F">End</SPAN> <SPAN style="color:#00007F">If</SPAN><br><br><SPAN style="color:#00007F">Next</SPAN> cell<br><br><SPAN style="color:#00007F">End</SPAN> <SPAN style="color:#00007F">Sub</SPAN><br></FONT>

Hans810

Board Regular
Hi Chris,

THX it works.
What if I want to have these cell coordinates in a worksheet?
How do I come from your Debug.Print cell.Address to a Range("A10") being filled with the coordinates?

By the way, I used: If cell.Text = "#Value!" Then...

Regards,

Hans

Hans810

Board Regular
Found the solution (with the little help of a friend....Chris):

Sub test()
Dim cell As Range
Row = 10
For Each cell In Range("A318:AU318")
If cell.Text = "#VALUE!" Then
Debug.Print cell.Address 'ctrl + g to see outputs
Sheets("SETTINGS").Select
Range("A" & Row) = cell.Address
Row=Row+1
Sheets("DATA").Select

End If

Next cell

End Sub

Chris Macro

I would recommend staying away from selecting tabs and just directly state which worksheet you want to target. Here's how I would would write your solution:

<font face=Calibri><SPAN style="color:#00007F">Sub</SPAN> test()<br><SPAN style="color:#00007F">Dim</SPAN> cell <SPAN style="color:#00007F">As</SPAN> Range<br>Row = 10<br><br><SPAN style="color:#00007F">For</SPAN> <SPAN style="color:#00007F">Each</SPAN> cell <SPAN style="color:#00007F">In</SPAN> Range("A318:AU318")<br>  <SPAN style="color:#00007F">If</SPAN> cell.Text = "#VALUE!" <SPAN style="color:#00007F">Then</SPAN><br>    Debug.Print cell.Address <SPAN style="color:#007F00">'ctrl + g to see outputs</SPAN><br>    <br>    Sheets("SETTINGS").Range("A" & Row) = cell.Address<br>    Row = Row + 1<br><SPAN style="color:#00007F">End</SPAN> <SPAN style="color:#00007F">If</SPAN><br><br><SPAN style="color:#00007F">Next</SPAN> cell<br><br><SPAN style="color:#00007F">End</SPAN> <SPAN style="color:#00007F">Sub</SPAN><br></FONT>

Glad I was able to help you figure out your problem! :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fpenning

Some videos you may like

This Week's Hot Topics

• VBA (Userform)
    Hi All, I just would like to know why my code isn't working. Here is my VBA code: [CODE=vba]Private Sub OKButton_Click() Dim i As Integer...
  • List box that changes fill color
    Hello, I have gone through so many pages trying to figure this out. I have a 2020 calendar that depending on the day needs to have a certain...
  • Remove duplicates and retain one. Cross-linked cases
    Hi all I ran out of google keywords to use and still couldn't find a reference how to achieve the results of a single count. It would be great if...
  • VBA Copy and Paste With Duplicates
    Hello All, I'm in need of some input. My VBA skills are sub-par at best. I've assembled this code from basic research and it works but is...
  • Macro
    is it possible for a macro to run if the active cell value is different to the value above it
  • IF DATE and TIME
    I currently use this to check if date has passed but i also need to set a time on it too. Is it possible? [CODE=vba]=IF(B:B>TODAY(),"Not...