Firewall blocking CDO

andrewb90

I've been doing some research on what is blocking my emails, and It seems most likely that the firewall is blocking my emails. (Pretty much verified, since changing the internet from hardwired to wireless hotspot from my phone - no problems then)

The error code is:

-2147220973, The transport failed to connect to the server.

Whats odd, is the computer uses gmail, and excel regularly without being blocked, so I'm not sure if there is a specific item or address that I could use that I could have white listed on the firewall... Any ideas out there?

I can attach my CDO email code if that helps.

Excel Facts

Can you sort left to right?
To sort left-to-right, use the Sort dialog box. Click Options. Choose "Sort left to right"
FWIW I have the same problem. Trying to use CDO to send mail from Gmail when I'm connected to my work network doesn't work; I get the same error. Using a different internet connection removes the error. It wasn't a major blocker for me so I just remember to send the e-mails when I'm connected to a compatible network. It's probably the port (#465) that's blocked by the firewall and of course using GMail in your browser uses a different port (#443) so that's not an issue.

WBD

Upvote 0
I had tried 3 different port numbers... 587 is my successful one, I also tried 25 & 465. But the firewall still blocked them all.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bsb1122

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back