first Access Database

leewalker

hi everyone

im throwing myself in a the deep end as they say

i run a PC and laptop repair company and am trying to developer a database that can be used to store data of customers that book there equipment in for repair

i currently have i word document in the layout of the sheet and would like to know would this be easlier transfer to a form in access is so where is the best place to start.

i i have very little if none experience with access.

i would like to add the following features if possiable

- save each form with unique ref to be viewed later if needed (as PDF)
- open new empty form ready to book in next Item on save/print
- have customer lookup for returning customers and ability to edit customer details if incorrect for example if more or change telephone
- print copy of form
- location to be able to be on network drive and easier changed if needed
- data collected must be suitable to be used for other means such as mail merge.
- Postcode looking would be great note sure if this is possiable tho without spending hundreds of pounds on a postage lookup database

does anyone have any examples or know of any good tutorial sites that many help and teach me what i need along the way.

thanks in advance to everyone that helps me get start and hopefully makes my experience with access a good one.

Excel Facts

Round to nearest half hour?
Use =MROUND(A2,"0:30") to round to nearest half hour. Use =CEILING(A2,"0:30") to round to next half hour.
See what the referenced template offers in the way of features. You might like them better than what you're using.
If no...there are probably ways to accommodate your format.

Upvote 0
See what the referenced template offers in the way of features. You might like them better than what you're using.
If no...there are probably ways to accommodate your format.

Many thanks I will check this out when im infront of a PC current replying on my mobile

thanks again

Upvote 0
i have checked out the template sugested and also found another customer service one that is very very handy and has some good features such as file upload and call log which i did not consider.

i am really hoping i can personlise this alittle with my own branding and logos etc i would still really like output of report i had hoped for when i started this topic as i give a copy of customer as a reciept please see http://tinyurl.com/mtcct2o for a copy of it do you think this will be easy to create in Access?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lachbee

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back