Fixed costs in BI

ruthhacche

Board Regular
I still have not solved this. I have these tables

1585575833062.png

The fixed costs are one line per month - both $500. The warehouse table is the big one with many lines per order but each order is only in one month. The orders is one line per order. So I have from the warehouse a) many months going to one month in the warehouse fixed and b) many orders going to one order in the orders table. I need to allocate the fixed costs to month, account, order - pro-rata by sales.

I can get the direct costs per month per order But how do I get the fixed cost to allocate as a percentage of sales. It should be $1,000 across all sales in 201908 and 201909 but if I just select 201908 it should be $500 pro-rated across just the sales for that month. Have I linked my tables wrong or am I missing a measure to do this?

1585576089872.png

Attachments

• 1585575999668.png
    1585575999668.png
    8 KB · Views: 5

Excel Facts

Why does 9 mean SUM in SUBTOTAL?
It is because Sum is the 9th alphabetically in Average, Count, CountA, Max, Min, Product, StDev.S, StDev.P, Sum, VAR.S, VAR.P.
Upvote 0
Thanks Mark - I realised this after posting. have reshaped the whole thing and now have it working through the filters properly. Only trouble I am having is with totals on my tables but i am confident I can get there now. Sorry - should have taken this down. Will also read your docs too - there is still lots to learn.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ahmad123098

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back