Flowchart data calculations

onnokramer

Dear excel-vba user,

For many years I’m using Excel and in case a certain action has to be repeated many times I’m using the macro recorder in which a vba code is generated. Then I insert a form-control from the develop-menu and with the right-mouse button I assign it to the recorded macro. This works fine.

Recently I made a new vba code/macro which can read data from a Excel tab (DATA) and can make some calculations and returns the results to another tab (RESULTS). Besides, I assign this macro to a form-control in which the calculations can easily finished by clicking the button. This works also fine.

Now I wish to expand this principle. I have the same tab with source information (DATA) and want to make several calculations using different macro’s/vba codes e.g. (CALC1, CALC2, CALC3… etc). Like before every vba macro is assigned to a separate form-control button through assigning each one to a particular button. No problem doing this manually.
The point is that I want to change the form-control button by another one in which you can:
- Insert numerical and textual parameters using the right mouse button in which data is written in the data tab (DATA).
- Also using the right button the possibility to adjust the parameters and e.g. name in which the changed data is updated in the data tab.
- The first vba/macro assigned to form 1 is producing numerical results i.e. DATA -> = IN1 = [CALC1] -> OUT1 = IN2 -> = IN2 = [CALC2] -> OUT2 = IN13 -> [CALC3] -> OUT3 = IN4 … etc After each calculation of a vba/macro the results are written in the data tab i.e. IN1 = column A, OUT1 = column B, OUT2 = column C etc… And e.g. 10 parameters means row 1,2,3…10.
- To achieve the right order of the calculations the form must be connected with the next form and so on. So we need such as an arrow to connect form 1 with form 2 etc. So the output of the first form is the input for the second form etc…
A user should be able to
- drag forms easily to a tab
- using right mouse button connect each form with a specific vba/macro
- using right mouse button fill in the information of the numerical parameters and textual information

- connect the forms with arrows so the calculation order can be determined
- could it be possible to introduce a loop? E.g. form 5 -> form 2 so a recycle is introduced?

So summarising: data is red from a DATA tab, a flow chart is made using forms, the forms are assigned to several vba’s, each time results are written to a RESULTS excel tab.

I really hope anyone can help us.
Thanx by all students

Excel Facts

Excel motto
Not everything I do at work revolves around Excel. Only the fun parts.
Apparently I did something wrong
min that case I apologise
now I'm trying to find the rules and i received a page not found
so to help out my students because that's my goal
what should I do now
please help us out

Upvote 0
Cross-posting is, in fact, allowed here.
We just ask that you mention that you are doing so in the post, and provide a link to your other posts. That way people interested in helping can look and see what has already been suggested, so they don't waste time offering suggestions that have already been tried elsewhere.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
indiansth

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back