shellp

Board Regular
Office Version
  1. 2010
  2. 2007
Platform
  1. Windows
Hello

I have searched the internet and my reference material and cannot find information on creating a form to enter/review information of existing data.

I have data with many columns (each row is one record of data) but only want 5 columns in the data entry form for the user to find specific record and add two fields to the record. The information I have found thus far forces the me to select all columns and I can't sequence them as i would like. I don't know if it is possible to include the valid responses in the fields that they may enter data for i.e. a drop down list with only valid entries? Is there a way to have a search button so they can look up the record by one of the fields on the form that is unique?

Any direction on where to look or starter code would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

Excel Facts

What is the fastest way to copy a formula?
If A2:A50000 contain data. Enter a formula in B2. Select B2. Double-click the Fill Handle and Excel will shoot the formula down to B50000.
Hi,

Yes all of that is possible by building a custom UserForm rather than the built in ones.

If you can attach a sample file and explain which field is the unique reference, which fields you want to include on the form, which fields are to be updated and what the values for the drop downs are then we can help.

BSB

Upvote 0
Thank you, BSB....but how do I upload a file?

Upvote 0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ykw69p3lepahbwz/Sample_Excel.xlsx?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/ykhrf9nrl9n1jg6jzb87y/Sample_Excel.xlsx?dl=0&rlkey=ye7wbldf89v2acjzxgf7b8xx3

Please see attached. This data will be imported into the document as you see it. The columns I would like on the format are MRN (E), FIN (G), Order_Dttm (B), Complete_Dttm (A), Final_Dttm (C), Pat_Name (R), Pat_type (O) and unique (AA - which is a derived field) The two fields that will be added once the correct record is found that also need to be on the form are Indi_code (Y) and urgency (Z).

I don't know if it is possible to have a list that updates i.e. I assume I can build a list for technologist based on current entries but what if new ones show up as the new data is added? For urgency the values allowed are 1 to 5; indi_code could be anything so no point in having a list. Thanks for any assistance.

Upvote 0
I don't understand what this bit means.... You didn't ask for "Technologist" to be included on the form.

I don't know if it is possible to have a list that updates i.e. I assume I can build a list for technologist based on current entries but what if new ones show up as the new data is added?

BSB

Upvote 0
Hi...is anyone able to assist? Thanks very much.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Snowinx

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back