Sheet duplication for daily entries with running totals

techog

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi,
I built a workbook for our field staff to use to make daily entries. We only want one workbook per job and jobs have a varying number of days. Each day will be entered in a new tab. I have built in a macro with a button by recording to add another daily entry tab if they need it. I would like to have a running total for cost carried across the tabs. One total for each individual day and one total for the entire job. Is this possible?

Thank you,

Sarah

Excel Facts

Whats the difference between CONCAT and CONCATENATE?
The newer CONCAT function can reference a range of cells. =CONCATENATE(A1,A2,A3,A4,A5) becomes =CONCAT(A1:A5)
Hi,
I built a workbook for our field staff to use to make daily entries. We only want one workbook per job and jobs have a varying number of days. Each day will be entered in a new tab. I have built in a macro with a button by recording to add another daily entry tab if they need it. I would like to have a running total for cost carried across the tabs. One total for each individual day and one total for the entire job. Is this possible?

Thank you,

Sarah

What you're asking for can easily be accomplished in MS Excel but you've barely supplied any of the necessary information.

1) Where are the totals located? i.e. which cell?

Given that you have multiple worksheets (representing 1 day), it might be easier for you to create a named range for each of the daily totals - this would make it much easier for you to incorporate them into your formula.

1A) Are the totals located in the same spot on each worksheet? For example, are they in cell C20 on each worksheet or do they vary?

2) Where do you want the aggregate total to be displayed? Do you have a separate worksheet within the workbook where you want this displayed? If so, then which cell?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Thank you for getting back to me so quickly. The daily total is coming from the Daily Cost table at the bottom which will change depending on if rows are added. I'm not sure how to calculate the Job Total so it is blank. On each daily entry tab Daily Total and Job total will always be in the same place.

Attachments

• Sheet duplication running total.PNG
    Sheet duplication running total.PNG
    37.3 KB · Views: 4
Upvote 0
I misunderstood your question. Now I see you want a grand total that automatically updates each time a new worksheet containing a daily figure is inserted into the workbook. More than likely you'll need a VBA solution for this which is way beyond my capabilities. There's a lot of knowledgeable members here - I'm sure someone will be able to answer this. Good luck.

Upvote 0
Should I repost with your clarification? This is my first time on this site.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
arm56

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back