Formatting pivot table data

Walkon

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Good morning,

I am displaying pivot table data in the "Classic" format. When I click the +/- button in the FullName column, the R_FullName(s) appear in their own column as I want however the first one displays one row down from the FullName row (please see the image titled UN-preferred format 3). I have am hoping to have the two names appear with one on the same line as the "FullName" (see first image titled Preferred format 1), and the second one to appear immediately below it. This is a significant space saver. I've tried a few of the options that appear when I right click in the pivot tale but with no luck so far. Any suggestions as to how to make this happen greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Attachments

• UN-preferred format 3.PNG
    UN-preferred format 3.PNG
    4.1 KB · Views: 14
  • Preferred format 1.PNG
    Preferred format 1.PNG
    13.2 KB · Views: 14

Excel Facts

Who is Mr Spreadsheet?
Author John Walkenbach was Mr Spreadsheet until his retirement in June 2019.
Are you sure there aren't blank entries in the source data that are coming through?

Upvote 0
Did you select the option to show item labels in outline form e.g. to display subtotals at the top of each group for that field? That would cause the layout you posted.

Upvote 1
Solution
Are you sure there aren't blank entries in the source data that are coming through?
Good morning,

Thanks for responding. To be honest, I am not sure, but I don't know where they would be. I have attached an image of the data table the info is being pulled from. Is there another location that where the blanks may be? Thanks again.

Attachments

• RFullName data table.PNG
    RFullName data table.PNG
    10.5 KB · Views: 8
Upvote 0
Did you select the option to show item labels in outline form e.g. to display subtotals at the top of each group for that field? That would cause the layout you posted.
Thanks very much! Sorry for the delay in responding, I was out of the office.

Upvote 0
Good morning,

Thanks for responding. To be honest, I am not sure, but I don't know where they would be. I have attached an image of the data table the info is being pulled from. Is there another location that where the blanks may be? Thanks again.
Do you have a count in the data area for that blank row? If so, double-click it, and a drill-down to the subset will generate a new sheet of that subset of records.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ravioli44

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back