FORMULA HELP: Forecasting Cash Flow for classes

DTMAT

Hi,

I'm trying to create a Cash Flow forecast for different classes that start at certain times of the year with different amounts of billing amounts and installments.

For example: A class that costs $5,000 starts in January 2017 and is 10 months long, open enrollment is 3 months prior to course. There are two options to pay.

Option A: Someone signs up in October 2016, they pay $500 to secure a spot in class and could start paying their monthly payments of $375/month in November but they would pay for a longer period of time 12 months (November 2016 through October 2017).

OR

Option B: Someone would pay a $500 registration in October 2016 and then another $1,000 one month before class (December 2016) and then 10 payments of $350/month would start from January 2017 and end in October 2017.

I've been manually calculating using some basic formulas for when we would expect the money each month but am trying to find an easier way that is more plug and play friendly. Is there a way that I could list a course, begin date of billing, end date of billing, total cost, the monthly payment, how many installments, and then have a formula that automatically populates the amount of revenue generated each month depending on when a course started and the number of installments?

Here is an example of how I was starting the tab below.

Could someone either point me in the direction of formulas to utilize or the best way to arrange a forecast model like this given the information above?
ClassBegin DateEnd DateDepositInstallmentsMonthly PaymentTotal CostActual EnrollementForecasted EnrollmentOct-16Nov-16Dec-16Jan-17Feb-17Mar-17Apr-17May-17Jun-17Jul-17Aug-17
January Apprenticeship2017Jan-17Oct-17 $ 50012 $ 375 $ 5,000360
June Residency2017Jun-17Aug-17 $ 3332 $ 333 $ 9991518
September Practicum2017 Sep-17Dec-18 $ 50016 $ 500 $ 8,500525

<tbody>
</tbody>

Excel Facts

Control Word Wrap
Press Alt+Enter to move to a new row in a cell. Lets you control where the words wrap.
Anyone have any suggestions or need clarification on what I'm asking? Thanks in advance...

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m_smith_solihull

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back