Formula HELP! SUM of Duplicate entries

RobynA

Office Version
  1. 2016
Platform
  1. Windows
I have this spreadsheet that I get at work - and the original is 45,000+ lines so I need a formula to help me from doing it manually. I will paste a snippet below.
Basically this is the issue:
Vessel name changes but date range is from April 1, 2019 to March 31, 2020 so all vessels have similar dates so I can't do a straight duplicate formula to calculate one particular vessel and highlight when it has April 15th more than once, because it'll highlight all April 15th dates (for all vessels).

I need it to give me a SUM of the total duplicate days for each vessel. I tried a countIF and a SUMIF together but it's not working properly.

For example: Vessel 1 April 1 - days 1 but on April 15th there are two inputs one like 0.5 and another april 15th with 0.7 I want them to add up.

1588261203097.png

Excel Facts

Can Excel fill bagel flavors?
You can teach Excel a new custom list. Type the list in cells, File, Options, Advanced, Edit Custom Lists, Import, OK
I should also note, that I tried subtotal and in theory would work but it makes the spreadsheet way too long to go through (doubles in size) and crashes my computer when I try to apply it. Thanks for any help!!

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ahmad123098

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back