xlookup, vlookup, hlookup with and/if multiple criteria. Which do I use?

shina67

Board Regular
Hi All,

I have a problem with the below which I am hoping one of you genius people can help with.

From image 1 the cell B2 is dynamic to any day of the year. Cell F2 is also a drop down which has 16 catergories.

I need to be able to lookup in image 2 based on the 2 above criteria. As you can see in image 1 it clearly says that on 15th Feb there are 2 members of staff on holiday.
What I need is from image 2 to find out who them 2 members of Staff are.

If the date and Department changed it would need to find if anyone is on holiday from that department and on that date.

Is there a formula that would do this without the need of vba?

I am trying to build this dashboard and planner without the use of vba to try and broaden my formula knowledge.

I have come across some new formula that I haven't used before whilst building this but have come stuck on this part.

I hope what i am trying to achieve is explained properly. Any questions or help would be greatly recieved.

Thanks in advance.

Dashboard.JPG
Holiday Tracker.JPG

Excel Facts

Excel Can Read to You
Customize Quick Access Toolbar. From All Commands, add Speak Cells or Speak Cells on Enter to QAT. Select cells. Press Speak Cells.
Try add "" in the not found (if_empty) position of the Filter function, see below:

Rich (BB code):
=LET(colDay,INDEX('Holiday Tracker'!$L$7:$BF$999,0,MATCH($B$2,('Holiday Tracker'!$L$4:$NM$4))),
FILTER('Holiday Tracker'!$A$7:$A$999,((colDay="H")+(colDay="HH"))*('Holiday Tracker'!$B$7:$B$999=$F$2),""))

Rich (BB code):
=filter(array, include, if_empty)

Upvote 0
Solution
You seem to have removed your post, does I assume that means you resolved the issue you were having.
The formula does not differentiate between dates. The most likely reason for it returning #REF is that the spreadsheet contains #REF ;)

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Anshu121

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back