Formula not returning correct outcome

dkflameboy

Office Version
  1. 365
Hi,

I need help with a formula that is not returning the correct outcome. I work for an awarding body and to pass one of our qualifications you need to achieve a minimum of 60% and at least score a 1 in all 12 questions answered. If you score 60% but score a zero in one question, you are still deemed not yet competent.

The problem I have is that a candidate has only achieved 53% but scored in all 12 questions and the formula I have below is deeming that a pass, which is incorrect as they haven't achieved 60%, can anyone help rectify this please.

=IF(COUNT(B13:O13)<>12, "Not Yet Competent", IF(MIN(B13:O13)<=0,"Not Yet Competent",IF(P14>=59%,"Pass","Not Yet
Competent")))

Many thanks

Excel Facts

Format cells as time
Select range and press Ctrl+Shift+2 to format cells as time. (Shift 2 is the @ sign).
Hi there. Reading your code it looks like it should work, but you are referring to row 13 throughout, except in the last if. Try changing P14 to P13 to see if thats the problem.

Upvote 0
Also, you are counting 14 columns, is this correct?

Upvote 0
Thank you for all your help, I think I've cracked it now that @jmacleary validated the formula.

The formula refers to 59% but the cell P14 is formatted as a standard number cell, this is because the % sign was throwing the system we feed these in to out of whack! thank you all for your help.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Son Raphon

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back