Formula processing is Extremly Slow

MrSpark

Office Version
  1. 2016
Platform
  1. Windows
I have been using this formula which macthes the List of Cells to Raw String and if match found then write same value.

This function is working fine but it stucks and sheet gets stop due to the large set of data.

I would appreciate your help if someone can share a fastest way.

Sheet is stuck from past 10 minutes.

1644356864216.png

=INDEX($K:$K,AGGREGATE(15,7,ROW($K$3:$K450000$)/(ISNUMBER(SEARCH(" "&$K$3:$K$450000&" "," "&A3&" "))),1)

Yes you are right. I want to match US State column from Sheet "Match Criteria" to Sheet "Data" if matches then write.

I do not want to use MiD right and lieft function which similarly extract the streets number as well.

Because the data i have shared isuch cleaner than i m working on. Zipcode and state can be in any place in the string.

There are 2 column in Match Criteria sheet 1 with unique zipcodes and 2 with unique States

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Show numbers in thousands?
Use a custom number format of #,##0,K. Each comma after the final 0 will divide the displayed number by another thousand
If that is the "clean" data, I would hate to see what your actual data look like!
(It is extremely difficult to work with bad or inconsistent data).

That is quite the function you are working with, probably a bit beyond my level of expertise. Where did you come up with it?

If you are just trying to confirm that the Zip Code/State appears in the list on the other tab, I would probably work on just trying to extract those pieces, and then use a COUNTIFS formula to see if it appears on the other list (if it is greater than 0, then it does).

For complex issues, I usually look for VBA solutions too, but I cannot really fathom a good VBA solution here, especially because I think the biggest issue is the inconsistency of the data.
I am not saying one does not exist, but I cannot think of one myself.

Sorry I cannot be of more assistance.

Upvote 0
Yes you are absolutlry right i have this data in very rough condition.

Yes i am trying to confirm that if Zipcode and State is exist in rough data by matching the already available zipcode and state in the "Match Criteria" sheet then write it.

I have seen this function online once i have used it but trying to find this i think its removed.

I just need to macth the existenace of zip and state and wirte in cell

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nic0la

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back