Formula to auto-update a due date of a recurring bill

JimmieKaoss

Excel 2007
Windows 7

I'm making a budget in Excel (and also making use of macros)
One section allows the user to enter "non-weekly" bills - bills/expenses that occur regularly but NOT on a weekly basis, for example, electricity bill which is billed (in Western Australia) every 3 months. Upon entering the bill as an expense, the (average) amount, and the frequency, the budget then gives a result of how much you would need to put aside per week in order to have the full amount saved by the time the bill comes in.

Anyway, in addition to this, I'd like to include the due date of the bill. The thing is, I only want to have to enter this one time only. After entering this information, along with the frequency of the bill, I want a formula that once this due date is reached, the formula looks at the frequency of the bill (in this case 3 months) and automatically updates the due date to the NEW due date which will be in 3 months time.

Seeing as bills differ in their billing cycles - some are 3 months, some 6, some annually, and so on, I would (I assume) use an =IF (or 2 or 3) combined with a =VLOOKUP and what not...I'm fairly confident that if someone can just help me out with the auto-updating date part that I'll be able to work the rest out.

Of course, I'm not sure how I'll exactly input the necessary information to start with in order for the formula to work, but hey, I'll work that bit out later too :P

Excel Facts

Enter current date or time
Ctrl+: enters current time. Ctrl+; enters current date. Use Ctrl+: Ctrl+; Enter for current date & time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MrSabo83

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back