Formula to increment Cell numeric value using second cell contents in Excel 2016

Sparky59

I have three columns A B and C. Column A has member names column B has number of points accrued. I want to enter numeric data into column C and have it increment the total in Column B automatically.

Can anyone help with a formula to achieve this please?

Kind Regards
Sparky59

:LOL:

Thanks AliGW, have downloaded the add in, but how do I get it into Excel 2016? I have looked in the addins options and cannot see it?

Kind Regards
Sparky59

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Is there a shortcut key for strikethrough?
Ctrl+S is used for Save. Ctrl+5 is used for Strikethrough. Why Ctrl+5? When you use hashmarks to count |||| is 4, strike through to mean 5.
Thanks AliGW, have downloaded the add in, but how do I get it into Excel 2016? I have looked in the addins options and cannot see it?

Kind Regards
Sparky59

You already have a solution provided by Aladin in post #9, but to answer your question, you need to browse to the place where you have saved the add-in from the add-n dialog box, then select it. You will also need to enable the add-ins ribbon.

Upvote 0
Hi Aladin, not quite... the columns that are relevant are B and C. Each time I enter a figure into Column 'C' I would like the corresponding cell in Column 'B' to increment by the value in Column 'C'. Therefore if there is a 10 in B2, if I enter 120 into 'C2' I want 'B2' to increment by that amount and display 130..

Kind regards
Sparky59

Upvote 0
Hi Aladin, not quite... the columns that are relevant are B and C. Each time I enter a figure into Column 'C' I would like the corresponding cell in Column 'B' to increment by the value in Column 'C'. Therefore if there is a 10 in B2, if I enter 120 into 'C2' I want 'B2' to increment by that amount and display 130..

Kind regards
Sparky59

Did you try the proposed formula at all?

Upvote 0
Hi Aladin, yes but it didn't do anything except put a label 'False into B2?

Kind regards
Sparky59

Upvote 0
Hi Aladin, the formula you proposed works in a way. If there is 10 in B2, if you input 20 into C2. B2 displays 20. I want it to add to the original amount and therefore display 30 in B2!

Kind Regards
Sparky59

Upvote 0
Hi Aladin, the formula you proposed works in a way. If there is 10 in B2, if you input 20 into C2. B2 displays 20. I want it to add to the original amount and therefore display 30 in B2!

Kind Regards
Sparky59

A formula cannot reside in B2 together with an entry already there and changing that entry by adding C2 to it. If this is really your intent, you will need VBA and hopefully someone into VBA will take that up...

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Excel Master

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back