Forum's New Look

I just wanna say thanks to the Admin who have had to work under huge pressure! You have done a great job! I know that there are quirks you are working on so I won't bother you just yet with the bits that peeve me. :biggrin:

Jon, is there any reason why the powers that be think that simply changing the forum host software package to vBulletin is going to achieve the desired goal?

Google (and ZoneAlarm) still have the site flagged as dodgy?

Excel Facts

Copy formula down without changing references
If you have =SUM(F2:F49) in F50; type Alt+' in F51 to copy =SUM(F2:F49) to F51, leaving the formula in edit mode. Change SUM to COUNT.
No I don't know, but I know that a lot of time and effort and outside help has gone into this, so I assume it will have a role to play. FWIW, countless scans (both internally and externally) reveal no threats.

Perhaps once those flags exist getting them 'removed' involve jumping through a few hoops. Either way, personally I feel quite safe. I know Bill and others and I know that if there was the remotest chance of any risk they would halt the forum. If there are hoops to jump through to get those flags removed I'm sure they are on the back-burner whilst the admin team continue to work on the upgrade in order to have everything run smoothly as it did before. They have a very full plate, are working very hard and doing an outstanding job in order to continue providing us with this great free resource.

I'm sure we will all be given a complete update once the dust settles...

Using Chrome and clicking through Google links does not bring up any warnings at all for me since the forum has been back.

Same here, haven't seen the warning since the new board went up. Using Chrome I did get the warning on the old board's last days...

Jon, is there any reason why the powers that be think that simply changing the forum host software package to vBulletin is going to achieve the desired goal?

Google (and ZoneAlarm) still have the site flagged as dodgy?

The forum's platform has not been changed to vBulletin. It has always been vBulletin, at least ever since I joined. The recent change was an upgrade to a newer version. FWIW, I'm not receiving any flags either. Maybe you want to clear your browser cache?

I agree.

One thing that I hate already is the size of the reply window. Can you make it larger?
There's a "Go to advanced" button at the bottom right and besides size, you get all
the formatting toys

But you're right, there ought to be a button to go directly there, creating two steps
where there used to be only one doesn't make very much sense.

Hello everyone,

I would like to comment about how this new site looks. To my opinion the older version was MUCH clearer, I'm having a harder time to distinct and find the treads. If I may give a suggestion, it would be very nice to have a button that we would be able to switch back to the older version, ( like Yahoo mail ) I myself would opt for the older version which was simpler and clear.

Regards,
Serge.

I must say even though like most people I am a lot more concerned with the functionality than the visuals, that the avatar pictures are now a lot clearer (I haven't decided yet whether that is good or bad. All I do know that for everyone's health and well-being I definitely can't become a member of DRAFT, at least not without a balaclava).
Oh well, at least I haven't got bored of the old image of me in my avatar yet.

Back to tying tying up some loose ends on a another forum for a while.

Hello everyone,

I would like to comment about how this new site looks. To my opinion the older version was MUCH clearer, I'm having a harder time to distinct and find the treads. If I may give a suggestion, it would be very nice to have a button that we would be able to switch back to the older version, ( like Yahoo mail ) I myself would opt for the older version which was simpler and clear.

Regards,
Serge.

Seconded, thirded, fourthed.......!!!

One thing I noticed by accident is if you want to unsubscribe from a thread the easiest way instead of going to thread tools etc is to put your mouse somewhere within a post and press the backspace key.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Healthydogs

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back