Function not working

jeffdolton

Board Regular
Office Version
  1. 2010
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi, I've been given a function from a member of this Forum. By typing =SumIfsEveryNColumns(criteria 1, criteria 2,criteria 3) and inserting the criteria, the function sums every nth column from a specific cell and returns an amount if the criteria is met. This function worked well until I loaded new data. The original cell data containing the function didn't change and when I tried to edit using F2 and pressing enter I get #NAME?. I'm confused as this function has worked before.

Any help would be appreciated.

Excel Facts

Lock one reference in a formula
Need 1 part of a formula to always point to the same range? use $ signs: $V$2:$Z$99 will always point to V2:Z99, even after copying
I check it.
You should Copy Function at Macro window, Insert New module and Paste code there. then delete Previous module. Save file and formula working.

Upvote 0
You can just change the name of the module. You should never use the same name for a module & a procedure.

Upvote 0
You can just change the name of the module. You should never use the same name for a module & a procedure.
Hi, I have done as you suggested but the function didn't update. Here is the link to my further test iZ test2.xlsm
Please see the summary tab - I have highlighted the amounts that should have changed using the data from the Receipts Output tab

Upvote 0
Hi, I have done as you suggested but the function didn't update. Here is the link to my further test iZ test2.xlsm
Please see the summary tab - I have highlighted the amounts that should have changed using the data from the Receipts Output tab
I pressed F2 on the function cell and the figures updated. Is this what I need to do in future?

Upvote 0
If you press F9 it should sort all of them out.

Upvote 0
I'll try it again although the auto calc function is on.
F9 didn't update, only by using F2 on each cell and pressing enter did it work.. That's a shame as I will have to press F2 on every cell I wish to calculate.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rehanahmadawan

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back