Function not working

jeffdolton

Board Regular
Office Version
  1. 2010
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi, I've been given a function from a member of this Forum. By typing =SumIfsEveryNColumns(criteria 1, criteria 2,criteria 3) and inserting the criteria, the function sums every nth column from a specific cell and returns an amount if the criteria is met. This function worked well until I loaded new data. The original cell data containing the function didn't change and when I tried to edit using F2 and pressing enter I get #NAME?. I'm confused as this function has worked before.

Any help would be appreciated.

I just changed the name of the module to "abc" & then in the sheet pressed F9 & all the #NAME? disappeared.

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Control Word Wrap
Press Alt+Enter to move to a new row in a cell. Lets you control where the words wrap.
I just changed the name of the module to "abc" & then in the sheet pressed F9 & all the #NAME? disappeared.
I have just tried that. The #NAME? disappeared but the amounts aren't showing the the cell on the Summary tab.

Upvote 0
I have just tried that. The #NAME? disappeared but the amounts aren't showing the the cell on the Summary tab.
Just one other thing please, I've deleted some products in the Receipts tab but the functions on the summary tab do not update. When I start using this programme in the future I will need to amend the figures on the Receipts tab.

Upvote 0
@jeffdolton Please
You should Copy Function at Macro window, Insert New module and Paste code there. then delete Previous module. Save file and formula working.

If not, I upload your modified file here again.

Upvote 0
You should Copy Function at Macro window, Insert New module and Paste code there. then delete Previous module. Save file and formula working.
There is no need to do this, just changing the name of the module is sufficient.

Upvote 0
There is no need to do this, just changing the name of the module is sufficient.
I have inserted a new module and copied over the function code then deleted the old functiony
Loaded in new data to the Receipts Output tab
Run the three macros

All calculations are showing as 0.
By pressing F2 then enter on each function provide the correct result.

Perhaps you could send me the file please.

Upvote 0
In the file you uploaded At column Q , You have only Kitchen, Free & Boat Hire then if your first criteria was others, formula show Zero.

SumifFile

Upvote 0
In the file you uploaded At column Q , You have only Kitchen, Free & Boat Hire then if your first criteria was others, formula show Zero.

SumifFile
Thanks, I was aware of that. Maybe its a stupid question but how do I copy the file you've uploaded to excel proper?

Upvote 0
Copy your file to This if You don't have more macro than this file (this file has 4 macro).
Or open Both file , Go to VBA window and drag Macro (At Up-Left window under workbook name see each file sheet and modules) from this file to yours (of course first delete same macro at your file).

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nmaske

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back