generate multiple excel files (forms) from excel spreadsheet

darconsulting

Hi -- I am hoping we can find a solution to this problem. Across the country we are creating project worksheets, each project has multiple sites. Each site has its own spreadsheet file named projectname-Sitename-date. Currently we create each spreadsheet file and fill in the data (its a template we populate). Very often, or most often, the budget info within the site spreadsheet is identical and the only change is the 'Sitename'. We get our list of Projects and Sites in spreadsheet. I am looking for a way to create the first copy of the project-site spreadsheet and then automatically generate a new copy of the file that from the project list with the 'Sitename' put in a cell within the new form and the filename changed to the new Sitename.

Can it be done?????
:confused:

Thanks so much for reading!

Excel Facts

Links? Where??
If Excel says you have links but you can't find them, go to Formulas, Name Manager. Look for old links to dead workbooks & delete.
Hi Darconsulting,

this sounds like VBA to me. I don't know if you have some programming skills, but that would come in handy. An easy start could be to record a macro that does what you described and take it from there. If you want to learn VBA, I generally point people those two sites: Excel VBA Programming - a free course for complete beginners and Free VBA Training Course
If you get stuck, don't hesitate to drop your code here for feedback.

Cheers,

Koen

Upvote 0
Hi Koen

Excellent suggestion I never thought of that. I have done VB programming long ago so I could probably manage.

Thanks again!

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jhester2010

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back