Graph data using relative cell addresses

MikeWard100

I have graph that uses a data source located in the cells to the right. I want to copy this graph and data source down the page a bunch of times, then change the new graphs by editing the data source next to it. The problem is that the new graph is linked to the same data source as the original graph, instead of the data source to the right of the new graph. How can I copy a graph and a data source and have the new graph linked to the new data source?

Excel Facts

Select all contiguous cells
Pressing Ctrl+* (asterisk) will select the "current region" - all contiguous cells in all directions.
name your data with a link to the row,
kind of, database for graph 1 = database&row()

Upvote 0
Thanks for the reply, Hugue. I've been thinking about your advice for a bit. But I'm not sure what you mean. I know how to name a range, but I'm not sure what do to then.

Upvote 0
I too have eaxactly the same question as the OP, Mike Ward100, but also am not too sure how to achieve the desired result. Anyone got any further solutions

Upvote 0
if you click on each serie of your graph, the formula bar will show something like that : =series(sheet1$a$1,,sheet1$a$1:$b$5,1)...
if you replace in the formula the range by names, let say = series(sheet1$a$1,sheet1!NAMETEST,1) and you define your NAMETEST with an offset formula, like =offset(sheet1$a$1,1,0,counta(a:a)-1) it will allow you to have a dynamic chart, adjusting itself with the data.
Now, if your name is something like NAMETEST & row(), let say a dynamic name, when you copy your graph, the data source should change. The solution of your problem must be somewhere around there but still you will need to name each and everyone of your data source so I don't know if this is of any help.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
murarj

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back