Have not had any luck, can anyone help figure this out?

Again

So, what I am trying to do is enter in a random number "X" in a column, and from that day forward it will increase by one number by each day (if i input 13 in today, tomorrow i pull up the excell sheet and it will show 14). So I'm into investing and I have come across a study that keeps tracks of day counting, meaning how long has a stock ran up, gone down, moved sideways, etc etc... if I say AAPL broke out of its base on 2/10 I want to have a column that I can put in "1" and then the next day when i look at that column it will say 2 and so on. That way when an important day count comes around I can watch the action of the stock around that particular day count... if Facebook has a confirming bottom and i did not pick up on it until 10 days later, I want to be able to input 10 in to the "day counting" column and tomorrow it will show 11....Please help! Thanks in advance!!:)

Excel Facts

What do {} around a formula in the formula bar mean?
{Formula} means the formula was entered using Ctrl+Shift+Enter signifying an old-style array formula.
I'm not sure about that way but if it were me I would just enter a start date in A1, and then the next cell would be something like:

=TODAY()-A1

Could that work?

Upvote 0
I'm not sure about that way but if it were me I would just enter a start date in A1, and then the next cell would be something like:

=TODAY()-A1

Could that work?

That would not work because I would have to have it keep track of the days no matter what day I play on reopening the spreadsheet. Also, it can't be set on a start date, it just needs to start almost like a stop watch where i can start the day counts, stop and reset and have it start again... Any other ideas?

Upvote 0
This would keep track of the days no matter what day you re-open the sheet. You would just have to enter a "start date" to have it begin counting from that date. So if you wanted to start the counter at 10, you would enter February 8th, so that the counter would start at 10. Other than that, I don't know any way to make this happen. Good luck.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lachbee

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back