Help! Auto-population?

F1A1G1inDC

Board Regular
Not sure how to best describe this...but I will give it my best shot.

I do a global headcount report on a monthly basis. Each region (USA, Canada, Asia, EMEA, etc) send me their headcounts for each region and business unit. Due to data-privacy laws, I only get basic info from EMEA (basically headcount). Is there a way that I could do a table/form/query/macro that would give each region (or me) a spot to enter things like Headcount, Country, Region, BU and have Access auto-populate the "detailed" information? Ultimately, what would work best would be for them to enter in (field to left of ":" and data to the right)

Region: EMEA
BU: MDS
Headcount: 17

And then have the result be:

Region Country BU EmployeeID Headcount
EMEA Switzerland MDS EMEA1 1
EMEA Switzerland MDS EMEA2 1
EMEA Switzerland MDS EMEA3 1

etc, etc, etc

Any thoughts?

TIA,

F1A1G1

Not that I should keep responding to this...the below is from Roget's:

"pop off Informal. To cease living: decease, demise, depart, die, drop, expire, go, pass away, pass (on), perish, succumb. Slang : check out, croak, kick in, kick off. Idioms: bite the dust, breathe one's last, cash in, give up the ghost, go to one's grave, kick the bucket, meet one's end (or Maker) , pass on to the Great Beyond, turn up one's toes. "

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Format cells as date
Select range and press Ctrl+Shift+3 to format cells as date. (Shift 3 is the # sign which sort of looks like a small calendar).
F1A1G1inDC said
"pop off Informal. To cease living: decease, demise, depart, die, drop, expire, go, pass away, pass (on), perish, succumb. ...

Sometimes it is a request to express strongly held views. I expected an answer along these lines, however, I hoped otherwise.

I'm sure after a good cry I'll find a way to move on with my life, somehow.

The most valuable skill an IT/IS individual can have is in communication and interpretation. Being able to figure out the actual problem as opposed to the wording of the initial request. This starts as a listening/reading task that uses targetted questions to clarify the actual problem which may have nothing to do with the initial complaint which is often just a symptom.

Just because the answer you got isn't what you expected or wanted, doesn't necessarily mean the messenger is at fault or that it is incorrect. OLAP is an advanced design concept frequently way beyond self-taught or casual access developers.

I've been on these forums for awhile. What I've observed is usually only one or two people will post in reply to any given thread. More only if they're writing things like "that's neat" or if the thread is struggling or if the proposed answer is just flat out wrong in the poster's opinion.

So, do the math and count the number of thread views.

It may seem a bit strange after all that but I really am glad you found a way to get your work done.

Mike

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KMGLarson

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back