Help creating a Table

PlumGr8

Board Regular
Not sure if its vlookup or cross reference but need some help. I have a data sheet, with an X & Y axis with data point in the middle. Its a sheet to calculate water flow based off temperature and altitude. I want to create a sheet where we can simply type in the outside temperature and the current altitude and be able to get the appropriate flow rate. I have attached a sheet for reference, i have toyed with this a little bit but really am not sure where to actually start. Any help would be awesome, thanks.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-05-21 224319.jpg
    Screenshot 2024-05-21 224319.jpg
    184.3 KB · Views: 8

Excel Facts

Format cells as currency
Select range and press Ctrl+Shift+4 to format cells as currency. (Shift 4 is the $ sign).
If you have all the data in a table already, you should try searching for "Excel Index and Match with multiple Criteria". You can find detailed walk-throughs of how to do this.
If the data is only in the plot, you will have to create the table and then use Index & Match.
If your table data does not have sufficient resolution, you may need to build in some interpolation.

I guess the other option would be to try to get Excel to give you an equation that accurate fits each curve. Then it is simple math. This is probably the least likely because these do not appear to be linear results or simple curves that would be easy to curve fit.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
k4kamal

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back