Help in segregating and appending data

vijoyal

I have a list of Clients with ID NO'S and Location. I need to segregate those in different worksheets under A, B, C according to the Location. The ID No and Name should appear in the respective worksheets. Whenver the master list is amended or added the change should effect in the respective worksheets. I tried all possible ways through my amateurish knowledge in excel, but couldn't succeed. Would anybody help me? Regards Vijoy

Excel Facts

Why are there 1,048,576 rows in Excel?
The Excel team increased the size of the grid in 2007. There are 2^20 rows and 2^14 columns for a total of 17 billion cells.
I developed this code in Excel2003. For a sample data like this, you need to create sheets "LocA", "LocB" beforehand.
<table rules="all" style=";background-color: #FFFFFF;border: 1px solid;border-collapse: collapse; border-color: #A6AAB6" cellpadding="2.5px"><colgroup><col style="background-color: #E0E0F0" width="25px"><col><col><col></colgroup><thead><tr style=" background-color: #E0E0F0;text-align: center;color: #161120"><th>
</th><th>A</th><th>B</th><th>C</th></tr></thead><tbody><tr><td style="color: #161120;text-align: center;">1</td><td style="font-weight: bold;;">ID No</td><td style="font-weight: bold;;">Name</td><td style="font-weight: bold;;">Location</td></tr><tr><td style="color: #161120;text-align: center;">2</td><td style="text-align: center;;">101</td><td style=";">test1</td><td style="text-align: center;;">LocA</td></tr><tr><td style="color: #161120;text-align: center;">3</td><td style="text-align: center;;">102</td><td style=";">test2</td><td style="text-align: center;;">LocB</td></tr><tr><td style="color: #161120;text-align: center;">4</td><td style="text-align: center;;">103</td><td style=";">test3</td><td style="text-align: center;;">LocA</td></tr><tr><td style="color: #161120;text-align: center;">5</td><td style="text-align: center;;">104</td><td style=";">test4</td><td style="text-align: center;;">LocB</td></tr><tr><td style="color: #161120;text-align: center;">6</td><td style="text-align: center;;">105</td><td style=";">test5</td><td style="text-align: center;;">LocB</td></tr><tr><td style="color: #161120;text-align: center;">7</td><td style="text-align: center;;">106</td><td style=";">test6</td><td style="text-align: center;;">LocB</td></tr><tr><td style="color: #161120;text-align: center;">8</td><td style="text-align: center;;">107</td><td style=";">test7</td><td style="text-align: center;;">LocA</td></tr><tr><td style="color: #161120;text-align: center;">9</td><td style="text-align: center;;">108</td><td style=";">test8</td><td style="text-align: center;;">LocB</td></tr><tr><td style="color: #161120;text-align: center;">10</td><td style="text-align: center;;">109</td><td style=";">test9</td><td style="text-align: center;;">LocA</td></tr><tr><td style="color: #161120;text-align: center;">11</td><td style="text-align: center;;">110</td><td style=";">test10</td><td style="text-align: center;;">LocB</td></tr><tr><td style="color: #161120;text-align: center;">12</td><td style="text-align: center;;">111</td><td style=";">test11</td><td style="text-align: center;;">LocA</td></tr><tr><td style="color: #161120;text-align: center;">13</td><td style="text-align: center;;">112</td><td style=";">test12</td><td style="text-align: center;;">LocB</td></tr></tbody></table>
Source

You may then right click on the "source" spreadsheet, select "View Code" option and paste this code. Update the line in red with your locations later.
Rich (BB code):
Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range)

'List of sheet/location names
locs = Array("LocA", "LocB")
startrow = 2
lastrowA = Range("A65536").End(xlUp).Row
lastrowb = Range("B65536").End(xlUp).Row
lastrowC = Range("C65536").End(xlUp).Row

If lastrowA = lastrowb And lastrowA = lastrowC Then
    For j = 0 To UBound(locs)
        sheetname = locs(j)
        Sheets(sheetname).Range("A:B").Clear
        Sheets(sheetname).Cells(1, 1) = "ID No"
        Sheets(sheetname).Cells(1, 2) = "Name"
    Next

For i = startrow To lastrowA
        logsheet = Cells(i, 3)
        currow = Sheets(logsheet).Range("B65536").End(xlUp).Row + 1
        Sheets(logsheet).Cells(currow, 1) = Cells(i, 1)
        Sheets(logsheet).Cells(currow, 2) = Cells(i, 2)
    Next
End If

End Sub
Whenever a new row of data is added or existing data changed, columns A and B in location spreadsheets ("LocA" and "LocB" in this examlpe) will be cleared and reconstructed.

Integrate this in to a copy of your workbook, test it and let me know if it works.

Upvote 0
While running I got the following error:
" Run time error '9', subscript out of range"
In the debug below is highlighed as error:
"currow = Sheets(logsheet).Range("B65536").End(xlUp).Row + 1".
I am using Excel 2010. Please let me know where I went wrong. Thanks for your support. Vijoy

Upvote 0
vijoyal, have you checked sheet Name if it is existing ?

Upvote 0
Hi Ayaz
What I have done is given below: ( Only changed the Array names as suggested by Saagar and added one more row LastrowC
Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range)
'List of sheet/location names
locs = Array("ARARATH", "EDEN", "EPHRATH")
startrow = 2
lastrowA = Range("A65536").End(xlUp).Row
lastrowb = Range("B65536").End(xlUp).Row
lastrowC = Range("C65536").End(xlUp).Row
If lastrowA = lastrowb And lastrowA = lastrowC Then
For j = 0 To UBound(locs)
sheetname = locs(j)
Sheets(sheetname).Range("A:B").Clear
Sheets(sheetname).Cells(1, 1) = "ID No"
Sheets(sheetname).Cells(1, 2) = "Name"
Next

For i = startrow To lastrowA
logsheet = Cells(i, 2)
Sheets(logsheet).Cells(currow, 1) = Cells(i, 1)
Sheets(logsheet).Cells(currow, 2) = Cells(i, 2)

Next
End If
End Sub

Please let me know where I went wrong? Tks

Upvote 0
In my example I assumed location is in column C, so I used logsheet = Cells(i,3).

You changed it to logsheet = cells(i,2). Do you have location listed in Column B? Are the values "Ararath", "Eden" and "Ephrath" appearing in column B or C?

Upvote 0
Hi Saagar
I am so grateful to you; it worked well now. Thanks a lot once again for the full support. Vijoy

Upvote 0
Hi Saagar
I am so grateful to you; it worked well now. Thanks a lot once again for the full support. Vijoy:)

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
teemeren

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back