Help needed for option to print specific page

Kenny Bell

Hello all

My first post here.

I'm looking for something probably very simple.

I have a worksheet, name "essentials", which has 290 printable pages. I want to be able to print one page at a time from the selection of pages 1 to 290.

e.g. Assign a macro to a "print" button which will then create a pop up(?) asking which page between 1 to 290 that I want to print, then carry on to print that page.

Aplogies if this has been covered before - I have spent the better part of a day trying to track this down.

Hope this makes sense. I have very limited knowledge of VBA.

Thank you all for reading and thanks in advance for your help.

Kenny

Excel Facts

Format cells as time
Select range and press Ctrl+Shift+2 to format cells as time. (Shift 2 is the @ sign).
The Print button in Excel does this. Why would you rewrite the print function made by Microsoft?

Press "Print"
Under "Settings"
Type the page number

It behaves just like you describe.

Upvote 0
The Print button in Excel does this. Why would you rewrite the print function made by Microsoft?

Press "Print"
Under "Settings"
Type the page number

It behaves just like you describe.

Thank you for your constructive reply. I am, of course, aware of the print function.

I should have clarified. I work with approximately 60 colleagues. Some are not "computer literate" (for want of a better phrase). I am trying to make printing this document as easy as possible for them, thus my request.

Upvote 0
I'm sorry Kenny. That sounds like an HR problem and not a software problem. Teaching them how to print a page is more valuable then teaching them how to use your custom code that you wrote. The ability to print a page will be useful across many spreadsheets and applications.

I would write a work instruction called "How to print a page". Take some screen shots and write it up. It seems absurd but then you can have something to laugh about.

Something like this:
3 Ways to Print Part of an Excel Spreadsheet - wikiHow

Upvote 0
Hi HackSlash

Thanks again for your reply.

Completely agree it's an HR problem. It's unfortunate you don't know the people I work with or you'd know where I'm coming from!

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mr_ordinaryboy

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back