Help!! Newbie needs help with a formula

JWERBA

Does someone know how to achieve the following:

I2 = 35%
J2 = 60%

Here is what I need to appear in K2: Take the greater value of I2 and J2 unless I2 or J2 is over 50%, then take the other value. So, in this case it would return 35%.

Thanks,

Excel Facts

Show numbers in thousands?
Use a custom number format of #,##0,K. Each comma after the final 0 will divide the displayed number by another thousand
Hi and welcome to the Board
Try, which also will give a blank, if both are over 50%

Excel 2007
IJK
245%35%45%
Sheet1
Cell Formulas
RangeFormula
K2=IF(AND(I2>50%,J2>50%),"",IF(I2>50%,J2,IF(J2>50%,I2,MAX(I2:J2))))

Upvote 0
Thanks All, it works!!

Hi and welcome to the Board
Try, which also will give a blank, if both are over 50%

Excel 2007<TABLE style="BORDER-BOTTOM: #a6aab6 1px solid; BORDER-LEFT: #a6aab6 1px solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffffff; BORDER-COLLAPSE: collapse; BORDER-TOP: #a6aab6 1px solid; BORDER-RIGHT: #a6aab6 1px solid" rules=all cellPadding=2><COLGROUP><COL style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #e0e0f0" width=25><COL><COL><COL></COLGROUP><THEAD><TR style="TEXT-ALIGN: center; BACKGROUND-COLOR: #e0e0f0; COLOR: #161120"><TH></TH><TH>I</TH><TH>J</TH><TH>K</TH></TR></THEAD><TBODY><TR><TD style="TEXT-ALIGN: center; COLOR: #161120">2</TD><TD style="TEXT-ALIGN: right">45%</TD><TD style="TEXT-ALIGN: right">35%</TD><TD style="TEXT-ALIGN: right">45%</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
Sheet1

<TABLE style="BORDER-BOTTOM: black 2px solid; BORDER-LEFT: black 2px solid; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0.4em; BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffffff; PADDING-LEFT: 0.4em; PADDING-RIGHT: 0.4em; BORDER-COLLAPSE: collapse; BORDER-TOP: black 2px solid; BORDER-RIGHT: black 2px solid; PADDING-TOP: 0.4em" rules=all cellPadding=2 width="85%"><TBODY><TR><TD style="PADDING-BOTTOM: 6px; PADDING-LEFT: 6px; PADDING-RIGHT: 6px; PADDING-TOP: 6px">Worksheet Formulas<TABLE style="BORDER-BOTTOM: #a6aab6 1px solid; TEXT-ALIGN: center; BORDER-LEFT: #a6aab6 1px solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffffff; BORDER-COLLAPSE: collapse; BORDER-TOP: #a6aab6 1px solid; BORDER-RIGHT: #a6aab6 1px solid" rules=all cellPadding=2 width="100%"><THEAD><TR style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #e0e0f0; COLOR: #161120"><TH width=10>Cell</TH><TH style="TEXT-ALIGN: left; PADDING-LEFT: 5px">Formula</TH></TR></THEAD><TBODY><TR><TH style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #e0e0f0; COLOR: #161120" width=10>K2</TH><TD style="TEXT-ALIGN: left">=IF(AND(I2>50%,J2>50%),"",IF(I2>50%,J2,IF(J2>50%,I2,MAX(I2:J2))))</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Excel Master

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back