Help on Vlookup

REUBEN

Board Regular
Hi There,

I copy information from one report to the other. The first report (A), I use as my case work tracker and have a lot of information on. But only copy few details of each case to the other workbook (B) i.e. a shared workbook used by the rest of the team on a share drive. When I copy data from one sheet to the other I simply want to auto populate the serial number of corresponding to each client's name.

Basically when I copy the case data to from, A to B a lot of details get copied on to B (including the client name column). Now what I need to autopopulate in A is the serial number corresponding to that client's name in B.

I haven't gotten this far yet, but there are instances where we may have serviced the client recently, so their name may be repeated in 'A' a few times. In that case I would only need the latest serial number from B when I paste the details of their case there from A.

I need help with the Vlookup formula to do this as my amateur skills only returned a N/A error that got me frustrated. Clearly i'm doing something wrong!

here's the formula - =VLOOKUP(D75;'[CPH RELO Reporting 2014.xlsx]IMMIG -Fragomen '!$A$3:$F$202;1;FALSE)

Thank you.
Reuben

Try,

=IFERROR(IF(ISBLANK(D4);""; LOOKUP(2;1/('\\Address1);'\\Address2));"Not Found")

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

What is =ROMAN(40) in Excel?
The Roman numeral for 40 is XL. Bill "MrExcel" Jelen's 40th book was called MrExcel XL.
Thank you.

I tried that and got an error message that "You have entered too many arguments for this function......"

And that's why I'm wrote to the forum again.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ikke

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back