Help Solving a Spill Error

BB38

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
I am using a spreadsheet with 3 different tabs for various data items.

On tab 1, I'm using the following formula:

HYPERLINK("#"&CELL("address",INDEX(Table2[Investor],LEFT(G8, FIND(",",G8&",")-1)-ROW(Table2[[#Headers],[Investor]]))),"Go to Row")

this works great. If I click "go to row" it takes me to the row where the data I was looking for is.

On Tab 2, i'm using the same formula with a different data set. Here it is below:

HYPERLINK("#"&CELL("address",INDEX(Table22[[#All],[Name]],LEFT(G9, FIND(",",G9&",")-1)-ROW(Table22[[#All],[Name]]))),"Go to Row")

This results in a spill error. I don't know why - and I can see the data it is selecting as obstructing (Column H, rows 12-54) which I'm not even sure how it's getting over there.

help?

Brad

I did try that ...I've tried to even recreate the table. this is driving me crazy. I wish I could upload a sheet (I can't do the mini sheet upload b/c it's on a work pc where I can't install that).

help?

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Easy bullets in Excel
If you have a numeric keypad, press Alt+7 on numeric keypad to type a bullet in Excel.
What is the value of G9 & what is the range of your table?

Upvote 0
Hi - G9 in this case is "33" which should then take me to the 33rd row.

Range of table is: =$B$12:$K$56 including a header.

Upvote 0
In that case with #All changed to #Headers, I don't know why you get a #REF error.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
If you use the Evaluate Formula button on the Formula tab & step through the calculation at what point does it go to #REF?

Upvote 0
If you use the Evaluate Formula button on the Formula tab & step through the calculation at what point does it go to #REF?
this is the first time I have ever used the Evaluate Formula function I am sorry to say. I just used it and pressed evaluate to step through but nothing came up with a reference...we are now back to a spill. Apologies - i'm trying to fix this for work at the same time. Here is the current formula (note I changed table name to Sellside and the column to "Individual" - but everything else is the same.

HYPERLINK("#"&CELL("address",INDEX(Sellside[Individual],LEFT(G9,FIND(",",G9&",")-1)-ROW(Sellside[Individual]))),"Go to Row")

I appreciate your help.

Upvote 0
You have left out the headers, try
Excel Formula:
HYPERLINK("#"&CELL("address",INDEX(Sellside[Individual],LEFT(G9,FIND(",",G9&",")-1)-ROW(Sellside[[#Headers],[Individual]]))),"Go to Row")

Upvote 0
Solution
You have left out the headers, try
Excel Formula:
HYPERLINK("#"&CELL("address",INDEX(Sellside[Individual],LEFT(G9,FIND(",",G9&",")-1)-ROW(Sellside[[#Headers],[Individual]]))),"Go to Row")
that fixed it right away. Thank you SO much. Really mad my day!

Upvote 0
Glad we could help & thanks for the feedback.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peppernaut

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back