Help updating a field by matching one value then depending on that perform another match

Bigjohnj

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
I have 3 sheets. CONFIG has all the team number, name and players. FIXTURES has date then lists week No., Team Numbers (highlighted) and which lane they are playing on. Results Sheet where i want to select a date and update the fixtures for that week.
1685559740589.png
View attachment 92649
1685559797331.png

CONFIG FIXTURES RESULTS
What i am looking to achieve is :-
On the results sheet (D1) i am creating a list ( Data Validation ) which will lookup the dates on the Fixture list Column A. I have selected week 1 for the example.
Depending which date i select i then need to select the fixture team number (1 which is highlighted) then lookup that number on the config sheet (row 2) and select the team name from Config (Row 3) (The Vets)

I have it working not based on the date but then this is static and not dynamic. =INDEX(Config!$A$3:$O$3,MATCH(Fixtures!C2,Config!$A$2:$O$2,0))

Any help would be greatly appreciated. John

Excel Facts

How to create a cell-sized chart?
Tiny charts, called Sparklines, were added to Excel 2010. Look for Sparklines on the Insert tab.
Welcome to the forum. Mr. Excel has a tool that allows users to post mini workbooks that allow to copy and paste data and formulas into threads. Pasting images while helpful means the forum must completely recreate your scenario which takes time and can have typos which leads to error and more time correcting. The link to get xl2bb add is below.
If you cannot instal because of company restrictions then please post the data as table being sure to label rows and columns and indicating where and describing the formulas you have. You will get a much faster response, and probably multiple responses.

Help the forum help you. Thanks in advance.

Upvote 0
please post the data. either with xl2bb or in pasted tables (with descriptions).

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nmaske

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back