Help with Dates and Finding a Date in a range

bboysen

So I have a excel sheet that I send out to field crews for them to fill out and send back to me every Friday. What I am looking for is to get the system date and place it in a cell then find the next Friday and populate the dates for the week. This is a hard one to explain but any help would be great.

Thanks

Excel Facts

Which Excel functions can ignore hidden rows?
The SUBTOTAL and AGGREGATE functions ignore hidden rows. AGGREGATE can also exclude error cells and more.
As a formula, to get today’s date:
=TODAY()
To get the next Friday date:
=TODAY()+IF(6-(WEEKDAY(TODAY()))<0,6,6-(WEEKDAY(TODAY())))
<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p> </o:p>
But this will change every time the date changes, so I’m guessing you might want a macro solution. This is also possible, but you could copy and paste values for the above as a simple alternative if that is good enough?

Upvote 0
Maybe I'm misreading this but I'm assuming that you would want friday of next week, not current week.

I could be wrong but this appears to simple to be the correct solution as it could give wrong dates depending on how far in advance the sheet is created.

System date entered in B1 using Ctrl ;

<TABLE style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffffff; PADDING-LEFT: 2pt; PADDING-RIGHT: 2pt; FONT-FAMILY: Calibri,Arial; FONT-SIZE: 11pt" border=1 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0><COLGROUP><COL style="WIDTH: 30px; FONT-WEIGHT: bold"><COL style="WIDTH: 101px"><COL style="WIDTH: 105px"></COLGROUP><TBODY><TR style="TEXT-ALIGN: center; BACKGROUND-COLOR: #cacaca; FONT-SIZE: 8pt; FONT-WEIGHT: bold"><TD> </TD><TD>A</TD><TD>B</TD></TR><TR style="HEIGHT: 18px"><TD style="TEXT-ALIGN: center; BACKGROUND-COLOR: #cacaca; FONT-SIZE: 8pt">1</TD><TD>System Date</TD><TD style="TEXT-ALIGN: right">30 Thu Dec 2010</TD></TR><TR style="HEIGHT: 18px"><TD style="TEXT-ALIGN: center; BACKGROUND-COLOR: #cacaca; FONT-SIZE: 8pt">2</TD><TD>Next Friday</TD><TD style="TEXT-ALIGN: right">7 Fri Jan 2011</TD></TR><TR style="HEIGHT: 18px"><TD style="TEXT-ALIGN: center; BACKGROUND-COLOR: #cacaca; FONT-SIZE: 8pt">3</TD><TD>Dates for week</TD><TD style="TEXT-ALIGN: right">1 Sat Jan 2011</TD></TR><TR style="HEIGHT: 18px"><TD style="TEXT-ALIGN: center; BACKGROUND-COLOR: #cacaca; FONT-SIZE: 8pt">4</TD><TD> </TD><TD style="TEXT-ALIGN: right">2 Sun Jan 2011</TD></TR><TR style="HEIGHT: 18px"><TD style="TEXT-ALIGN: center; BACKGROUND-COLOR: #cacaca; FONT-SIZE: 8pt">5</TD><TD> </TD><TD style="TEXT-ALIGN: right">3 Mon Jan 2011</TD></TR><TR style="HEIGHT: 18px"><TD style="TEXT-ALIGN: center; BACKGROUND-COLOR: #cacaca; FONT-SIZE: 8pt">6</TD><TD> </TD><TD style="TEXT-ALIGN: right">4 Tue Jan 2011</TD></TR><TR style="HEIGHT: 18px"><TD style="TEXT-ALIGN: center; BACKGROUND-COLOR: #cacaca; FONT-SIZE: 8pt">7</TD><TD> </TD><TD style="TEXT-ALIGN: right">5 Wed Jan 2011</TD></TR><TR style="HEIGHT: 18px"><TD style="TEXT-ALIGN: center; BACKGROUND-COLOR: #cacaca; FONT-SIZE: 8pt">8</TD><TD> </TD><TD style="TEXT-ALIGN: right">6 Thu Jan 2011</TD></TR><TR style="HEIGHT: 18px"><TD style="TEXT-ALIGN: center; BACKGROUND-COLOR: #cacaca; FONT-SIZE: 8pt">9</TD><TD> </TD><TD style="TEXT-ALIGN: right">7 Fri Jan 2011</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
<TABLE style="BORDER-BOTTOM-STYLE: groove; BORDER-BOTTOM-COLOR: #00ff00; BORDER-RIGHT-STYLE: groove; BACKGROUND-COLOR: #fffcf9; BORDER-TOP-COLOR: #00ff00; FONT-FAMILY: Arial; BORDER-TOP-STYLE: groove; COLOR: #000000; BORDER-RIGHT-COLOR: #00ff00; FONT-SIZE: 10pt; BORDER-LEFT-STYLE: groove; BORDER-LEFT-COLOR: #00ff00"><TBODY><TR><TD>Spreadsheet Formulas</TD></TR><TR><TD><TABLE style="FONT-FAMILY: Arial; FONT-SIZE: 9pt" border=1 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=2><TBODY><TR style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #cacaca; FONT-SIZE: 10pt"><TD>Cell</TD><TD>Formula</TD></TR><TR><TD>B2</TD><TD>=CEILING(B1,7)+6</TD></TR><TR><TD>B3</TD><TD>=B4-1</TD></TR><TR><TD>B4</TD><TD>=B5-1</TD></TR><TR><TD>B5</TD><TD>=B6-1</TD></TR><TR><TD>B6</TD><TD>=B7-1</TD></TR><TR><TD>B7</TD><TD>=B8-1</TD></TR><TR><TD>B8</TD><TD>=B9-1</TD></TR><TR><TD>B9</TD><TD>=B2</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rscraig11

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back