Help with the journal to ledger automation.

mabubakerali

in the first screen shot of general journal worksheet that i made, i am making journal entries in the sheet, with the account names written in the column i and its account code is being written in the column J , now i want it to be transferred automatically to individual ledger in such a way as you can see that i made a drop down data validation in C4 in sheet 2 as you can see in screenshot 2, what i want is that when i select specific account code in c4 of sheet 2, all of its entries from the general journal should appear in the individual ledger. I cant think of a way to do it so please help and write the ways i can do this and which formulas will be used.

Attachments

• Screen shot 2.JPG
    Screen shot 2.JPG
    242 KB · Views: 3
  • Screen shot 1.png
    Screen shot 1.png
    218 KB · Views: 3

Excel Facts

Format cells as time
Select range and press Ctrl+Shift+2 to format cells as time. (Shift 2 is the @ sign).
in the first screen shot of general journal worksheet that i made, i am making journal entries in the sheet, with the account names written in the column i and its account code is being written in the column J , now i want it to be transferred automatically to individual ledger in such a way as you can see that i made a drop down data validation in C4 in sheet 2 as you can see in screenshot 2, what i want is that when i select specific account code in c4 of sheet 2, all of its entries from the general journal should appear in the individual ledger. I cant think of a way to do it so please help and write the ways i can do this and which formulas will be used.
Pivot Tables with Accounts or Codes as Filter(s) is the best automated solution for you

Upvote 0
i couldnt find a way to calculate running balances
for current balances I understand you will need -

Option 1 - Create another summary of Debtors and Creditors and fetch current balances using SUMIFS function

Option 2 is to add another column and get Running total in that column using same SUMIFS function

It is advisable to convert data, the kind you have, to Structured table - It helps in analysing data in multiple ways.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ripvw

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back