Helppp!!!!!! I am applying Filter but blank rows data is missing, how to include rows in filter with this condition

motivationalistic

Hi,

Please see the attached spreadsheet image.

15362jn.png

Column B to I has one row per record, Column J onward each record has additional data in the additional rows.
For example if you see in attach image, a record in row3 (John, Hernandez), the record is associated with row 3 to row11 but Column B-I has only entries in row 3 (row 4-11 are blank).
When I filter on COLUMN F it skips the blank cells and only one row per record pull up. I need to see the details in COLUMN J onward but I can only see first row for those as well.

When I include blank rows in filter, it mixes up the blank rows of thousand of other records which also contain blank rows.

When I merge Column F data row with blank rows and then apply the filter, it return with same result.

Please suggest, how can I make filter in this condition (have thousands of records in the sheet and thousands of dates from 2005-2010).

Thanks,

Excel Facts

What did Pito Salas invent?
Pito Salas, working for Lotus, popularized what would become to be pivot tables. It was released as Lotus Improv in 1989.
You can add a new column (Q for example).
In Q1 you write the letter of the column you want to filter the data by. If you want to filter by Date2 you write F in Q1.
In Q2 you write the formula:
=IF(INDIRECT(Q$1&ROW())="",Q1,INDIRECT(Q$1&ROW())) and you drag it all the way down.
Now filter your data by column Q. You might have problems with the format of the column Q if you change from dates to text. Just format the column to suite your needs.
If you want to filter by more than one column, you will have to add more helper columns.
I hope that helps.

Upvote 0
Solution

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AppellatePerson

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back