Hi again!! New question...

imuceus

I want to calculate temperatures from altitude 0 to 100000 with a base temp T1. From there I use the equation T=T1 + Th(h) where Th is just a constant. So i need to create an equation that uses T1 and Th which will be constant down the column, but then h has to be the corresponding height in the other column. So basically how do i have excel copy the height in the other column, so for A2 i want D2's height measurement and etc. all the way down the column. Thanks a million everybody!!! Hope i'm being coherent...

Excel Facts

Spell Check in Excel
Press F7 to start spell check in Excel. Be careful, by default, Excel does not check Capitalized Werds (whoops)
Excel handles this type of thing very well (almost inherently). I believe when you know how excel handles cell references this will answer your question.
Excel cell references can be of two types, "Absolute" or "Relative"> Relative cell references are the "normal" cell references you see like A1+B1 or C1/D6, etc. All relative means to the user is that if you copy the cell to another location, the reference will update itself relative to its new position. An example would be that cell A1 has the value B1+C1 and you copy and paste cell A1 to cell A2. The value of cell A2 after the paste will not show B1+C1, rather it will update itself to show B2+C2. Notice how the positions of the reference stay the same relative to the cell that contains the formula.
An "Absolute" reference would be any reference that when you copy it does NOT update itself. You can "freeze" a row or a column within a reference by placing a dollar sign in front of it. So if, as in the previous example, you copy cell A1 to Cell A2, but you had B$1+C1 then the new value would be B$1+C2. Notice that B$1 did not update itself. You can also freeze the columns like so: $B1+C1 or both $B$1+C1
I tell you all that to let you know that all you really need to do to solve your post is put the reference in any one cell, "Freeze" what needs frozen; then just copy/paste.

Upvote 0
How to get the temperature at a given altitude depends on how your data is set up. I assume that you have h values that correspond to the altitude. Are these computed on your worksheet or are they in table form with an altitude in one column and its corresponding h value in an adjacent column? If the latter, a vlookup or index and match should work to get the appropriate h value. Please provide more information on how your data is set up.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erald

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back