hide/unhide column disabled

sinisagl

Hi,

With all of my Excel worksheets, I can not use hide/unhide of columns. That function worked properly until today. Now, with right-click to column heading hide and unhide are in grey color and can not be used.

Tried as well Format/Column but there column is also in grey color and disabled for use.

Please advise.

Many thanks!

Sinisa

Excel Facts

Create a chart in one keystroke
Select the data and press Alt+F1 to insert a default chart. You can change the default chart to any chart type
Greetings Andrew,

No. The worksheet is not protected. Even when I open new, blank Excel file, hide/unhide for columns does not work in any of the worksheets inside the file.

I indeed used during my work for the last few days protection of worksheets, but now hide/unhide just does not work in any of the files.

For rows for example, everything works fine.

Many thanks for your help/advice

Sinisa

Upvote 0
Hi,

I have not created any macros. As well, I have checked with Tools/Macro/Macros and then in Macros in list, This Workbook and All Open Workbooks - No Macros available or running.

S.

Upvote 0
I've been having the same problem since October when I installed the software. Neither the mouse shortcuts work nor the hotkeys. I never did find how to fix it. I was able to get the rows to work but not the columns.

Here are the hotkeys I tested

Ctrl+9 works to hide rows
Ctrl+0 works to hide columns
Ctrl+Shift+9 words to unhide rows
but the Ctrl+Shift+0 doesn't do anything?

I don't have anything manually assigned to the Ctrl+Shift+0 and have no macros. Obviously others have the same problem.

Can anyone address this?

Upvote 0
Hi,

This morning I got solution from one of my colleagues. It seems that something was wrong with my Excel11.xlb file. We have copied my file and tested on his computer, and he had the same problem with coulmns.

Then we have copied his Excel11.xlb to my computer and now it works fine!

It seems that file is some kind of system file (I am not so sure about this, looks like one).

Sinisa

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wcbyers

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back