Hiding Your Data Entry Work

warhammer486

Platform
  1. Windows
I use a variety of spreadsheets at my office, and I may have figured this out already, but I wanted to get other people's ideas for maybe a fresh look at something...

I am working on a spreadsheet where I want the recipients to see the results of the data in a table showing average discounted prices between competing locations, what they advertise to the public on their website. Initially I was using a calculator on my PC to add up about 20-25 prices, average them, and then type in the results on the chart. Then I figured it would be faster for me just to enter in the raw data in a row on another sheet/tab and then have the cell from the main table just show the totals. To keep track of what I am entering, I am using a sheet/tab for each type of product, totaling up to about fifteen additional sheets/tabs. I then hide those sheets from the recipients so all they see is the final average totals in a table.

My question is if there is an easier/more convenient way to hide the data, or perhaps the recipients will want to see the raw entries and rather than reveal the other sheets, there may be a cleaner way for them to see it. I am not familiar with pivot tables or anything like that, so I was unsure if there is another way to accomplish what I am doing.

Thanks!

Excel Facts

Shade all formula cells
To shade all formula cells: Home, Find & Select, Formulas to select all formulas. Then apply a light fill color.
You could just Copy the results page and Paste Special Values into a blank spreadsheet and send them that instead of the one you have working data on.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lunzwe73

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back