Highlighting specific data in table with multiple checkboxes...plz help

emailtooaj

Hello, I’m needing help with formatting an Excel function(s) and a few people referred me to here, in hopes to find an answer/direction!

First, let me give you the layout of my sheet…
-B2:C8000 is the range of data (lottery numbers picked since 2002) which will be added onto daily.
-Column C will contain the Checkbox’s numbered from 1 on down to 999.
-Column Y will be the linked cells to the checkbox’s, for showing TRUE or FALSE.
-Column Z lists the numbers from 1-999, to visually reference the TRUE/FALSE statements in Column Y.

What I’m trying to accomplish…

I would like to use the Checkbox’s (in Column C) to highlight the corresponding number(s) in the B2:B8000 range.

For example, if I select a check mark box labeled “334” located in Column C, I would like it to Highlight/color/fill each cell with 334 in it that's within the B2:C8000 range.

Keep in mind, I would like to randomly activate/deactivate multiple check boxes of 1-999, not just one box at a time.

In addition to keeping the 1-999 check-boxes individualized in Column C, later on down the road, I would eventually like to “group” certain numbers together and have a Check box which marks/highlights those numbers of that group within the B2:C8000 range.

I’ve tried Conditional Formatting (with limited success), I've tried different IF/THEN formulas and various other formulas to no avail. :confused:

Is VBA coding the only way to accomplish what I’m trying to do?

I can usually fumble my way around excel to make things work but, this has got me stumped. Any help with a formula/VBA structure or suggestion would be greatly appreciated!!!

Thank you in advance!

Excel Facts

Copy a format multiple times
Select a formatted range. Double-click the Format Painter (left side of Home tab). You can paste formatting multiple times. Esc to stop

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aaagu

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back