Hollywood Gin Rummy Score Calculator

Swimlizzie

Morning All,

I have been trying to make a Hollywood Gin Rummy spreadsheet for my mom's friend, and I am getting stuck on one final calculation. The first time you score, it should stay in game 1 and game 1 ONLY, and I am having trouble figuring out the best way to do that (if it's even possible). It works perfectly for whoever scores first; however, the second person to score should only get points in the Game 1 Box on their first score.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/2w59skzvlgh5k2c/Gin Rummy Draft.xlsx?dl=0

In the spread sheet that I have attached, Cell C9 should be 60; however, Cell E8 should be zero. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Please let me know if I can explain it better.

Thanks in advance.

Elizabeth

Excel Facts

What do {} around a formula in the formula bar mean?
{Formula} means the formula was entered using Ctrl+Shift+Enter signifying an old-style array formula.
I just starteds my search for exactly what you are trying to creat. I do have quite a bit of Excel experience, but thought I would see how far you've gotten before I start to 're-create' the wheel. I did download what you had posted and awaiting your response, I will begin there

Yorgie

Upvote 0
I have a few complete and tested spreadsheets for 2 man, 3 man, and 4 man Hollywood Gin. email if you want a copy. Put Gin in subject. ketco"at"aol"dot"com

Upvote 0
I just completed a worksheet that seems to do all you are looking for. Send an email with 'Gin' in the subject to ryorgens at cs dot com and i'll be glad to share it with you.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JJFabEngineering

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back