How can I extract data from the following worksheet?

VishalK

finished.xls
ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVW
1VKNKHYGPCJETSSundries
20FloatCashCCChequeCashCCChequeCashCCChequeDentistCashCCChequeCashCCChequeCashCCCheque
5Cash to Bank
7Smith, A50.00
8Jones, B25.00
9Doe, J35.00NK
10Evans, J29.00
Monday

I have included an excerpt from my spreadsheet above. There is a similar worksheet for each day of the week within the workbook, and I have been trying to extract 2 sets of data, which I suspect are possible with pivot tables, but each time I try, I either get an error, or get horribly lost.
Note the coloured cells in row 3 are sets of 3 merged cells.

The data I wish to extract are:

1) I would like to have a separate worksheet in the workbook into which I are extracted from each of the weekday sheets all payments by cheque, and from whom (i.e. a list of names and amounts paid by cheque is generated.)

2) A bit of explanation for this one: A patient seeing the hygienist is charged a standard fee of £35 for a 30min appointment. This is entered under the HYG section (Columns I,J,K), along with the originating dentist in column N (from a drop down list). This is because 10% of the hygiene fee is given to the referring dentist. Each entry in column N is added up against each dentist name. A standard calculation is done multiplying this number by 3.5 to give the 10% referral fee in an ongoing calculation. However, some patients come in for extended appointmements, for which a greater amount is charged. Unfortunately the calculation as it stands does not distinguish that the patient has paid more than £35 and therefore the 10% referral fee is incorrectly calculated. My idea is then to have a separate worksheet in which the name of only those patients who have paid more than £35 in columns I,J or K, together with the originating dentist in column N for that payment are liste. Thus I can manually correct the hygiene referral fees. Is this possible, or can anyone suggest a more elegant way of correctly calculating the hygiene fees from the outset?

Sorry for the long post, but thanks for any and all help. This forum has been a revelation so far, and I am eternally grateful to those who have given so kindly of their time and knowledge so far.

Kind regards

Vishal...

Excel Facts

Control Word Wrap
Press Alt+Enter to move to a new row in a cell. Lets you control where the words wrap.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jojomen56

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back