How can I get back in to macros that I made private in the past so that I can alter their code?

Glühbirne

Hello Everyone,

I recently started working in a workbook that I had made quite a few months ago. I had made my macros private because I didn't want users to be able to run them in any way except for through buttons that I had inserted. Now, I want to get back into my macros and work on the code some more, but I don't know how to get in to them to even see the code. I try right clicking on the worksheets and selecting "View Code", in Visual Basic but that doesn't do anything. I know that the macros are still there, because I had attached them to buttons, and those buttons still work and run them. Am I destined to never be able to get into my macros again, or is there a way to find them? Thanks in advance for your help.

In your first post you said "I know that the macros are still there, because I had attached them to buttons, and those buttons still work and run them". Isn't that the case?

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Enter current date or time
Ctrl+: enters current time. Ctrl+; enters current date. Use Ctrl+: Ctrl+; Enter for current date & time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ricardo Souza

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back